HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Reading & Writing » Fiction (Group) » Just read "the Art F...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 07:06 PM

Just read "the Art Forger" by B.A. Shapiro. What a terrific book!

If you are a fan of art forger/heist books you will love this one! It is a present day "update" on the Gardner Museum theft of 1990 and recreates a fanciful "relationship" between Edgar Degas and Isabella Steward Gardner. Set in today's Boston, the heroine (writing in the first person present tense) is a struggling artist who gets an "opportunity" to "set right" the theft of a Degas from the Museum ( in a certain way). If you love a story that involves a lot of art, with twists and turns along the way, artfully done, you will like this book A LOT! I loved it and recommend it to art lovers and those who just good fiction thrillers.

2 replies, 503 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Just read "the Art Forger" by B.A. Shapiro. What a terrific book! (Original post)
CTyankee Jan 2013 OP
Curmudgeoness Jan 2013 #1
CTyankee Jan 2013 #2

Response to CTyankee (Original post)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 08:05 PM

1. Oh no! My list of books to read is getting long!

I have added this one too. I just hope it isn't another 500 page mammoth book----it seems that is all I have been reading lately.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Curmudgeoness (Reply #1)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 08:15 AM

2. No, it's 355 pp. And the author really moves the plot along (she is a professor of creative

writing at Northeastern University in Boston). The use of first person present tense adds a certain amount of drama to each twist and turn, so it really hooks you.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread