HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Media » Media (Group) » Colorado theater shooting...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 08:56 PM

Colorado theater shooting judge orders Fox reporter to testify

Source: Reuters

Colorado theater shooting judge orders Fox reporter to testify

By Keith Coffman
DENVER | Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:08pm EST

(Reuters) - A Colorado judge ordered a Fox News reporter on Friday to testify in the case of accused theater gunman James Holmes and shed light on her anonymous sources for a story about a notebook connected to Holmes.

Arapahoe County District Judge William Sylvester ordered New York-based journalist Jana Winter to appear in court on February 4 in a ruling centered on information that came to public light after a gag order he imposed early on in the case.

Fox News said it does not comment on pending legal matters.

-snip-

The judge ordered Winter to testify about a story published online under her byline days after a court-imposed gag order went into effect, with details on the contents of a notebook Holmes sent to University of Colorado psychiatrist Lynne Fenton.

-snip-

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/19/us-usa-shooting-denver-idUSBRE90I00A20130119

2 replies, 750 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Colorado theater shooting judge orders Fox reporter to testify (Original post)
Eugene Jan 2013 OP
toddmiller Jan 2013 #1
ProgressiveProfessor Jan 2013 #2

Response to Eugene (Original post)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 11:25 PM

1. I wonder if the story is true. It would be odd for a schizophrenic to make details plans that

weren't utterly looney. I believe a psychiatrist diagnosed him before the murders and before he left the school so this case may reveal that there were some botched opportunities to prevent the massacre, in particular from the school.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Eugene (Original post)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 01:34 AM

2. Does Colorado have a shield law?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread