HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Media » Media (Group) » Journalism v. propaganda
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Jul 21, 2012, 02:47 AM

Journalism v. propaganda

http://www.salon.com/2012/07/20/journalism_v_propaganda/

Almost immediately after a suicide bomber killed five Israeli tourists in Bulgaria on Wednesday, Israeli officials, led by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, blamed Iran, an accusation uncritically repeated by most Western media outlets even as Bulgarian investigators warned it would be a “mistake” to assign blame before the attack could be investigated. Now, Israel, along with the U.S., is blaming Hezbollah and, therefore, Iran for the attack. Today’s New York Times article by Nicholas Kulish and Eric Schmitt – headlined “Hezbollah Is Blamed for Attack on Israeli Tourists in Bulgaria” – uncritically treats those accusations as confirmed fact despite no evidence being offered for it:

1 replies, 899 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Journalism v. propaganda (Original post)
Craig_Langford Jul 2012 OP
GMR Transcription Nov 2012 #1

Response to Craig_Langford (Original post)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 07:34 AM

1. Journalism VS Propaganda

Hi,
I have just been through the link mentioned here in this post.This topic is really something which has not been ever been taken into consideration.People don't even understand the meaning of journalism and propaganda.They are far beyond from each other.
If we talk about journalism,as per my suggestion its an investigation and reporting of events, issues and trends toa broad audience.There are lots of variations for journalism.On the other hand if we take into account the propaganda its nothing but is an attitude which only looks forward in putting the one side of an argument.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread