HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Justice & Public Safety » Gun Control & RKBA (Group) » Gun Store: Obama Voters N...

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 03:20 AM

Gun Store: Obama Voters Not Welcome

Marketing genius:

The owner of an Arizona gun store said he will not sell weapons to customers who voted for President Obama because “you have proven that you are not responsible enough to own a firearm.”

Cope Reynolds, owner of the Southwest Shooting Authority in Pinetop, Ariz., posted the new store policy in a newspaper advertisement — as well as on a sign posted on the front door.

“If you voted for Barack Obama your business is not welcome at Southwest Shooting Authority,” the ad reads. “You have proven that you are not responsible enough to own a firearm.”

The Southwest Shooting Authority is a family-owned, family-run business that Reynolds opened in 2004. He told Fox News that he’s absolutely serious about the new policy.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/gun-store-obama-voters-not-welcome.html

Insulting voters worked so well for Romney that Mr. Reynolds decided to see how insulting customers would work for him.

I imagine his strategy will meet with appropriate success.

10 replies, 1512 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to TPaine7 (Original post)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 03:36 AM

1. This is really free advertisement for the Faux News loons.

Being they gave this nut some of their air time.. Considering the base of Fox News, it is likely good for his business.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:24 PM

2. well, if he voted for Romney he just proved that he is not responsible enough to own a gun store.

I would gladly take my business elsewhere. Where the proprietor would have the good sense to not ask me about my private business.

What a fucking dumbass.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 01:03 PM

3. I always wonder how they think they will enforce these decrees. Read customer minds?

Assuming I wanted to give this asshole my business, I'm pretty sure I could just say "sure I voted for Mitt Romney" if he asked.

Maybe he's the kind of conservative who actually thinks we all wear berets, and carry lattes, drive up in our volvos...

Reply to this post

Response to phantom power (Reply #3)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 05:43 PM

6. The gun store owner

of course is not necessarily quizzing people before they can purchase a gun. It's a publicity stunt that has worked out well for him. I remember hearing a radio commercial in Phoenix last winter using pretty much the same script as the the gun store owner up in Pinetop that is the subject of this thread.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 01:18 PM

4. Fantastic

Fewer guns sold in America!!!! Let's hope his idea catches on.

Reply to this post

Response to fightthegoodfightnow (Reply #4)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 06:11 PM

7. Nah, at most it will mean fewer (or more) guns sold at this particular store

The owner is hoping his stupid stunt will garner free advertising and appeal to his customers; my hope that this divisive bullshit backfires into reduced sales. But what is fantastic is that another freeperish ass has identified himself so liberal shoppers can make informed decisions on where to spend their dollars...

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 05:19 PM

5. Fascinating! New business model: Leftist gun ranges!

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 06:58 PM

8. Never turn away legal customers....dumbass

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:39 PM

9. That's cool. I'd rather not spend my money in a shop like that anyway

Reply to this post

Response to AtheistCrusader (Reply #9)

Sun Nov 18, 2012, 12:37 AM

10. Yeah, I prefer it when businesses are up front

about being right wing asshats. This guy, "Papa John," I wish more would be so honest about their contempt for the people so I know where not to spend money.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread