HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Justice & Public Safety » Gun Control & RKBA (Group) » Clerk shoots, kills viole...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Oct 23, 2012, 03:26 PM

Clerk shoots, kills violent career criminal, wounds apprentice criminal.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/dead-robber-had-womans-death-in-his-past
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - There were least four gunshots that rang out from inside Spectrum Smoke Shop near 98th Street and Sage Road during an attempted robbery Friday. Police say all of the shooting was from the clerk behind the counter.

Police say Ramon Sedillo, 29, and Daryl Martinez, 17, walked into the store and pulled out a gun. Investigators watched the security footage and said the clerk kept a "cool head" while Sedillo pointed the weapon at him.

SNIP

Sedillo first showed up on KRQE's radar back in 2003 when he and two friends snatched an 89-year-old woman's purse outside a North Valley Smith's grocery store.

She was knocked to the ground and later died. Sedillo and his friends were charged with murder.

SNIP

My summary of the rest: He beat the murder charge, served some time for robbery, and has been in/out/in/out of jail since. Martinez, the apprentice, was on probation at the time. The store clerk was known to practice regularly with his gun.

All that practice paid off. There have been those here who criticise us for practicing with our guns. We do that just in case trouble ever comes calling, as it did for that clerk.

10 replies, 1234 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Clerk shoots, kills violent career criminal, wounds apprentice criminal. (Original post)
GreenStormCloud Oct 2012 OP
1StrongBlackMan Oct 2012 #1
GreenStormCloud Oct 2012 #2
Remmah2 Oct 2012 #4
PavePusher Oct 2012 #6
Eleanors38 Oct 2012 #7
former-republican Oct 2012 #9
discntnt_irny_srcsm Oct 2012 #3
repiblikensouse Oct 2012 #5
Eleanors38 Oct 2012 #8
holdencaufield Oct 2012 #10

Response to GreenStormCloud (Original post)

Tue Oct 23, 2012, 03:32 PM

1. You forgot this ...

I suspect your world is a very scary placed based on your seeming NEED to post good guy kills/maims bad guy stories.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to 1StrongBlackMan (Reply #1)

Tue Oct 23, 2012, 04:19 PM

2. NEED? No, I just ENJOY posting such stories. Here is another one:

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/oct/23/5/gaffney-store-clerk-shoots-robber-armed-rifle-ar-4812366/

GAFFNEY, S.C. --
A Gaffney convenience store clerk fended off two armed robbers when he shot one of them with a handgun he had nearby, police said Tuesday morning.

Gaffney Police Chief Rick Turner said two men, one of them armed with a semi-automatic rifle, walked into the Bargain Shop on Cherokee Avenue and tried to rob the clerk.

The man with the rifle stood at the door while the second man demanded the money bag, Turner said. But the store clerk was able to grab his handgun and fire at the man with the rifle.

Both men ran away from the store, and about an hour later police found one of the robbers who had been shot twice. Turner identified him as Lee Tate and said he was taken to the hospital and released.

SNIP

Tate had just been released from jail less than three hours before the robbery happened, according to Cherokee County Sheriff Steve Mueller.Tate had just been released from jail less than three hours before the robbery happened, according to Cherokee County Sheriff Steve Mueller.

Both stories are from today's Google search. I turned up several such stories in today's Google search.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 23, 2012, 04:48 PM

4. It certainly beats dancing in the blood of the dead to advance a political agenda. nt

nt

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 23, 2012, 06:53 PM

6. Are you offering to provide security for anyone other than yourself? n/t

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 23, 2012, 07:16 PM

7. I guess you missed those stories about gun-mishaps and accidental deaths and...

hunting trips gone bad, the aggregate number of which pales when compared with the large and successful number of self-defense incidents where the "good guy" stopped the "bad guy."

Frankly, the OP (and others) NEED to post these stories so folks here will see that there is a greater truth about responsible use of firearms. Who knows, maybe some of the punks and thugs who cause mayhem in society will start to get the drift and make less violent choices. As for me, I sleep 8+ hours a night with no worries except lack of health insurance, all with a .38 by the bed.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 23, 2012, 07:23 PM

9. We call it a happy ending

Now I know some anti -gun grabbers would rather see innocents killed to push for more gun control.

Present company excluded of course.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 23, 2012, 04:23 PM

3. I just wanted to say...

...I suspect nothing about your world. I'm glad this shows good flourishing and evil suffering.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 23, 2012, 06:48 PM

5. Reminds me of a couple years ago in Waukegan,IL when a guy tried to rob a gunstore

where all the employees had pistols on their hips. All the guy got away with was a bullet in the chest.

Reply to this post

Response to repiblikensouse (Reply #5)

Tue Oct 23, 2012, 07:18 PM

8. I have to put those strange incidents in the SBC category. jeeez.nt

Reply to this post

Response to repiblikensouse (Reply #5)

Tue Oct 23, 2012, 07:25 PM

10. Many years ago ...

... I was at an In-and-Out Burger in Azuza, Ca when a man attempted to rob it with a pistol. The problem was, this particular In-and-Out Burger was at the boundary of three cities and the County of Los Angeles so was a favourite eating place for all the LEO's in the area. There were at least 15 uniformed police drawing on the poor -- must have been stoned or suicidal -- man.

They didn't fire, they didn't have to, but it was exactly like the scene in "Trading Places" where Eddie Murphy is arrested by a dozen police and says "Is there a problem, officers?"

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread