HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Justice & Public Safety » Gun Control & RKBA (Group) » ""This is going...

Thu Oct 18, 2012, 12:47 PM

""This is going to help us...We can move the race a couple of points."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-hints-at-handgun-restrictions-too/article/2510993#.UIAxpIbyZI0

"Keene said that Obama's statement was a "strategic error on his part" because it blew up the president's pro-Second Amendment rhetoric. "He knows it's politically dangerous to take on the Second Amendment," said Keene.

"We have credibility when we say that Barack Obama is a threat to your rights. But that credibility is obviously enhanced 10-fold when Barack Obama, in a moment of weakness, says, 'Yeah, as a matter of fact I am.' And that's what he did," said Keene. "This is going to help us."

"We can move the race a couple of points," said Keene."

This is why endorsing an anti-gun position is a bad move. It hurts our chances of re-electing President Obama. In races as close as they always seem to end up being, we cannot afford a couple of points.

Gun control is bad politics.

12 replies, 1577 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply ""This is going to help us...We can move the race a couple of points." (Original post)
Atypical Liberal Oct 2012 OP
GreenStormCloud Oct 2012 #1
rDigital Oct 2012 #2
Grave Grumbler Oct 2012 #4
ileus Oct 2012 #7
Eleanors38 Oct 2012 #10
Atypical Liberal Oct 2012 #5
Remmah2 Oct 2012 #3
Common Sense Party Oct 2012 #6
ileus Oct 2012 #8
Atypical Liberal Oct 2012 #9
ultra103 Oct 2012 #11
virginia mountainman Oct 2012 #12

Response to Atypical Liberal (Original post)

Thu Oct 18, 2012, 01:06 PM

1. Our self-appointed zampolits will be along to scold you in 5...4...3...N/T

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Oct 18, 2012, 01:08 PM

2. Don't be surprised if your OP is alerted. The truth isn't always pretty though. nt

Reply to this post

Response to rDigital (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 18, 2012, 01:27 PM

4. Mine was.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/117279830

Juror #2 voted to HIDE IT and said: Know what's funny? If the pictures were a bunch of sexy women in bikinis, a corner of this place would go completely fucking bonkers and we've have 30 threads in meta mad mad MADDDDD about it!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRR. Oh, but it's just a bunch of shiny metal tools to shoot maim and kill people, nothing oppressive or offensive or hurty hurty harmy harmful like a scantily clad, sexy human being. Feh and double feh and fie on the whole damn dirty business.

Reply to this post

Response to Grave Grumbler (Reply #4)

Thu Oct 18, 2012, 03:10 PM

7. after 106 replies...

Reply to this post

Response to Grave Grumbler (Reply #4)

Thu Oct 18, 2012, 04:55 PM

10. I was expecting to see some nearly naked Size 44-Ds holding, well, .44s...

...instead it was a posting of firearms photos.

Firearms. Photos of same.

The "jury system" is becoming a means of prohibitionist censorship.

Now, if your Garand had some grand glands on it, maybe....

Reply to this post

Response to rDigital (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 18, 2012, 02:07 PM

5. I think it is critical to identify issues that DAMAGE OUR CHANCES OF WINNING ELECTIONS.

The most important thing is that Democrats win elections, so that the social issues we care about, and that more and more Americans care about, like marriage and racial equality, health care, war, and wealth disparity CAN BE DEALT WITH.

If we lose elections, WE CANNOT MAKE PROGRESS ON OTHER SOCIAL ISSUES.

Gun control DAMAGES DEMOCRATIC PROGRESS.

It HURTS OUR CHANCES OF WINNING ELECTIONS.

Why? Because lots of voters DON'T SUPPORT IT.

This sort of thing makes me cringe. Sure as shit, the next morning I'm getting emails from all my family members and people on my competition shooting team about how Obama is going to take our guns away.

All I can say is, "Well, Romney wants to, too, but he just lies about it."

Not a terribly convincing argument.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 18, 2012, 01:23 PM

3. *sigh*

This blows. Why can't they wait until after the election to announce this?

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 18, 2012, 02:30 PM

6. So does this mean the price of ammo is going to go sky high again

after President Obama wins in November?

Reply to this post

Response to Common Sense Party (Reply #6)

Thu Oct 18, 2012, 03:11 PM

8. that and disappear....I've already been buying since March.

mostly 22.

Reply to this post

Response to Common Sense Party (Reply #6)

Thu Oct 18, 2012, 03:49 PM

9. You bet. At least the firearms industry is booming. n/t

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 25, 2012, 03:25 PM

11. Somethings should be left alone

It is clear that Gun issues are important to many American, both Pro & Con. The same can be said when the discussion turns to Abortions. These are political land mines. Not that they are not real concerns and issues to people, but they are issues that divide people with common economic issues. Issues that if they stood together on we would really move this country forward for the Average American

Both of these issues come down to an individual right to choose. Should there be regulation / laws /guidelines in place to keep the public / individual "Safe" from the dangers that may arise - Well regardless of how anyone feels about that there are plenty of them in place right now.

On the gun side they should try to enforce whats on the books before coming up with something new. On the abortion side this is a moral choice (remember the thing you can't legislate) and some elected men and women believe they will help their God out and and try to pass laws for what they think he wants - they forgot that their God gave man / woman free will and choice - and in the end - every man / woman will answer to him for what they have done in their lives - not the US Gov.

Got to clarify here, I own several guns and do not favor abortion, but my reasoning for this should be clear from what is stated above.

We need to cut through the crap and see these issues are really just a way to divide the Average Americans in our fight to improve the standard of living for everyone not just the very prosperous few. Were not fighting with or voting for God here were fighting with Businessmen and Women who will do anything, say anything to get what they want out of this deal.

You may not like everything President Obama has said, but he constantly and consistently following the same path. We have improved under his leadership and will continue to improve in his next 4 years.

Reply to this post

Response to ultra103 (Reply #11)

Thu Oct 25, 2012, 03:44 PM

12. Gun Control to Democrats, is what Abortion is to Republicans..

And has about the same effect effect on election day.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread