Fri Mar 9, 2012, 06:09 PM
era veteran (4,068 posts)
Dopehouse with gunplay revisited.
Some of you may recall the trouble we were/are having with a pill house close by. I'll put up a link.
Regardless, We had the first sentencing this week.
Thanks for everybody's advice and help.
Sentenced to 2 years in prison for Convicted Felon in Possession of a Handgun, 5 years in prison for 1st Degree Trafficking in a Controlled Substance and status as a 2nd Degree Persistent Felony Offender, 12 months in jail each for 2 counts of the prosecution's amended charge of Criminal Attempt to 1st Degree Trafficking in a Controlled Substance and 12 months in jail for 1st Degree Attempted Trafficking in a Controlled Substance, to run concurrently for a total of 5 years in prison. Sent to prison.
Two other men from that address are on our local most wanted. They know the people, me & a couple of others, that turned them in. They should never have broken in my house. I have had to change my lifestyle because of these assholes and I pretty much don't give a shit about what they do or don't do. They did not get a cherry boy.
12 replies, 1805 views
Dopehouse with gunplay revisited. (Original post)
|era veteran||Mar 2012||OP|
|Simo 1939_1940||Mar 2012||#8|
|era veteran||Mar 2012||#9|
|one-eyed fat man||Mar 2012||#11|
Response to era veteran (Original post)
Fri Mar 9, 2012, 09:02 PM
discntnt_irny_srcsm (9,343 posts)
4. Most of these are just common sense but...
...the USMC (unofficial) rules for gun-fighting:
1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns. Bring their friends who have guns.
2. If you can, make friends with those on the crew served weapons. Bring them as well. Borrow money from them, it gives them an added incentive to protect you.
3. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
4. Only hits count. Close doesn't count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
5. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
6. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
7. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
8. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived and who didn't.
9. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating (calling for arty or air support), reloading, and running.
10. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting is more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
11. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel p***** in the flintlock of your musket."
12. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
13. In combat, there are no rules, always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
14. Have a plan.
15. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
16. Have a back-up, back-up plan in case CentCom or SecDef find the first two plans "unacceptable".
17. Use cover or concealment as much as possible. The only visible target should be in your gun sights.
18. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect your flank.
19. Don't drop your guard.
20. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
21. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).
22. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
23. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
24. Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
25. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
26. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and deescalation.
27. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a "4".
But seriously, good luck and don't drop your guard.
Thanks for your service, then and now.
Response to discntnt_irny_srcsm (Reply #4)
Fri Mar 9, 2012, 10:06 PM
oneshooter (7,281 posts)
6. Or, as a Master Gunner once told me..............
The winner is the last person standing, breathing, and not bleeding too much, and standing is optional!
Don't ever let the Bastads win!!!
Armed and Livin in Texas
Response to era veteran (Original post)
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 11:18 AM
TPaine7 (4,286 posts)
12. I prayed for your safety.
Weapons or not, trained or not, skilled or not, prepared or not, there is a limit to what any human being can do.
I've had incredible, in my face answers to prayer, so I put one in for you.