HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Justice & Public Safety » Gun Control & RKBA (Group) » These guys can carry conc...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 05:15 PM

These guys can carry concealled nationwide

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article33898.htm

Yet people think I'm the bad guy for wanting a permit in my own state.

5 replies, 924 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply These guys can carry concealled nationwide (Original post)
iiibbb Feb 2013 OP
littlewolf Feb 2013 #1
2naSalit Feb 2013 #2
ileus Feb 2013 #3
actslikeacarrot Feb 2013 #4
iiibbb Feb 2013 #5

Response to iiibbb (Original post)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 05:19 PM

1. just imagine how much more cities and counties are going

to be paying for insurance.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 06:09 PM

2. I had an incident back in

Vancouver, WA where I called the cops and they tried to beat me up instead of hearing my side of the story. I think there needs to be a whole new way to deal with the public but i also think that the MIC is trying to militarize everybody because somebody wants us to have a civil war. And all the buttons are being pushed real hard these days for insurance. The case in this OP is very similar to what I experienced... but it was county sheriffs I was dealing with, when I called to complain, they sent the same fucker to my house. I just told never mind and closed the door.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 06:29 PM

3. You're not a bad guy, you're one of the good guys trying to improve society.

Making life better one family at a time.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 08:55 AM

4. This is a sidenote...

...and a little off topic, but the whole "us soldier,bro, you know who your talking to?" mentality fucking enrages me, to the point that I am ashamed of my fellow vets. and I cant get the video to work, (slow connection) but from the transcript it seems one of the cops was a Marine? The whole situation is embarrassing, it makes us look stupid.

Reply to this post

Response to actslikeacarrot (Reply #4)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 09:41 AM

5. The victim didn't really start that until the Cop stepped right up to him... the victim

squared his shoulders and then started with that.

The expectation I have of police is to diffuse situations. This officer failed to do that in my opinion... he went to get in that guys face because he didn't like being bitched at about taking so long to get there. As if someone who'd just been assaulted would inherently sit there passively and patiently waiting after a long wait.

Even outside of the military people talk like that.

And even if they do talk like that the police have an obligation to treat people with a little dignity.

At my original post is meant to be a rebuttal that only the police are trained and capable of having weapons in public. I respect the police, but I think they are given way too much credit in this regard. I think the police abuse their powers with enough frequency that the idea that a guy like this is more qualified to carry a gun in public than I am is laughable... and he gets to carry it virtually anywhere in the nation.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread