HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Justice & Public Safety » Gun Control & RKBA (Group) » East Ridge (Tn) home intr...

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 07:56 AM

East Ridge (Tn) home intruder stopped by armed residents

A 22-year-old Hixson man is behind bars after police say he repeatedly tried to force his way into an East Ridge home early Sunday morning. It happened on South Seminole Drive.

Around 1:45 a.m. Sunday the Davenport family awoke to a banging at the front door. They asked the man what he wanted and he made it clear-- he wanted inside. From there, they called police and jumped into action to protect themselves.

"My husband said police are on the way, I have a weapon and the guy said 'F that I'm coming in this house' and he was breaking the glass and he had his arm inside the house trying to unlock the door," homeowner Melissa Davenport said.

As her husband fought the stranger, now identified as 22-year-old Chas Scruggs at the door, Melissa Davenport frantically called 911. "I was just telling her I'm so scared I'm so scared," Davenport said.

But, the threat of police didn't stop him from trying to force his way in. "Then he broke our middle door pane and you can see his blood here on the door. He was kicking through this pane of glass here trying to get it open," she said
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/20574246/east-ridge-home-intruder-stopped-by-armed-residents

follow the link.. the woman even called her dad, who lives down the street, to come help because he had a concealed carry permit.

Ghost

4 replies, 733 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply East Ridge (Tn) home intruder stopped by armed residents (Original post)
Ghost in the Machine Jan 2013 OP
safeinOhio Jan 2013 #1
bowens43 Jan 2013 #2
Indydem Jan 2013 #3
discntnt_irny_srcsm Jan 2013 #4

Response to Ghost in the Machine (Original post)

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 08:16 AM

1. Good case for

spending more money on mental health.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Ghost in the Machine (Original post)

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 08:23 AM

2. Seattle killer had concealed-carry permit, owned 6 guns

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/05/seattle-killer-had-concealed-carry-permit-owned-6-guns/1#.UQE1RfKYX08

Records released today show the man who killed five people and himself in Seattle had a concealed-carry permit and owned at least six handguns, including two .45-caliber semiautomatic pistols used in Wednesday's bloodbath.

Reply to this post

Response to bowens43 (Reply #2)

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 08:45 AM

3. What does a 8 month old story have to do with this?

Don't you have anything constructive to add?

Reply to this post

Response to Indydem (Reply #3)

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 11:38 AM

4. In general...

...never has; IMHO, never will.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread