HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » LGBT Civil Rights and Activism (Group) » a note on the Cuyahoga Fa...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jan 19, 2012, 10:46 AM

a note on the Cuyahoga Falls Ohio story "Gay couple fights to be recognized ..."

Gay couple fights to be recognized for family membership at Cuyahoga Falls Natatorium

Akron Beacon Journal

http://www.ohio.com/news/gay-couple-fights-to-be-recognized-for-family-membership-at-cuyahoga-falls-natatorium-1.255877

I heard the radio this morning discussing this, and heard one of the couple saying that the secretary for (Repub, natch) Mayor Don Robard said that they could talk to them. After she asked them what they wanted to discuss with the Repug mayor, the secretary said that he was "not available to discuss that issue with them" (prior to any lawsuit issues) ...

odd, to me ... "You can speak to him. Oh, it's something that Republicans campaign against? You can't speak to him."

3 replies, 987 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply a note on the Cuyahoga Falls Ohio story "Gay couple fights to be recognized ..." (Original post)
zbdent Jan 2012 OP
TVet Oct 2012 #1
fightthegoodfightnow Oct 2012 #3
fightthegoodfightnow Oct 2012 #2

Response to zbdent (Original post)

Thu Oct 25, 2012, 06:11 PM

1. Is this still going on? n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TVet (Reply #1)

Thu Oct 25, 2012, 08:39 PM

3. Welcome to DU TVet!

Hope to see you here a lot.

Reply to this post

Response to zbdent (Original post)

Thu Oct 25, 2012, 08:38 PM

2. Good

Republicans should run away from their homophobia. That gay couple has more honor than that mayor ever will.

Thanks for posting.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread