HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Arts & Humanities » American History (Group) » Ultimate Guide to the Pre...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 10:55 PM

Ultimate Guide to the Presidents (History Channel) - FDR Portrayed as Failure

Even though there are appearances by Jonathon Alter, the 'documentary' says the New Deal prolonged the depression, caused a depression within a depression, and was finally rescued by the start of World War II. This is conservative mythology at its most pathetic! If the war by itself saved the economy, the economy would have crashed again when military personnel went civilian and the massive spending on ships, vehicles, etc., receded drastically after the war. By the time Truman left office, unemployment was at less than 3%, despite a meager increase in spending for Korea and initial cold war spending.

I wonder if the same production team that put this out was the same one that was rejected when they wanted to portray the Kennedys as a family of Coligulas.

2 replies, 761 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ultimate Guide to the Presidents (History Channel) - FDR Portrayed as Failure (Original post)
ArizonaLib Jan 2013 OP
sybylla Jan 2013 #1
ArizonaLib Jan 2013 #2

Response to ArizonaLib (Original post)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 08:26 AM

1. They call themselves the History Channel, then put on shows like Ancient Aliens. Nuff said.

Shouldn't even have to mention it's owned by Rupert Murdoch, a man who loves to rewrite history in the Republican image.

"History" in this case is Orwellian Newspeak for propaganda and bullshit.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ArizonaLib (Original post)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 08:39 AM

2. I wasn't aware it was owned by Rupert - I won't bother watching anything on it now.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread