HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Pets (Group) » Surviving the snow with s...

Sun Feb 24, 2013, 12:46 PM

Surviving the snow with small dogs

It's been a challenge ! I can't get into my backyard - the metal patio roof collapsed and is blocking the basement door. Hopefully my neighbor/carpenter will be able to remove it soon.

So, we're walking down the street and looking for areas of grass/dirt for potty activity. Screwy Louie, however, likes to poop in the snow. He climbs up on the snowbanks when nature calls... Funny, until I have to climb up there to scoop......

2 replies, 606 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Surviving the snow with small dogs (Original post)
REACTIVATED IN CT Feb 2013 OP
TorchTheWitch Feb 2013 #1
REACTIVATED IN CT Feb 2013 #2

Response to REACTIVATED IN CT (Original post)

Sun Feb 24, 2013, 02:09 PM

1. don't you just love it when the doodie melts the snow and falls into the snowbank?

But maybe that depends more on the size of the doodie... I have a big doggie, so that means big doodie.

I seem to be having the opposite problem... we haven't had much snow worth talking about for both winters that Yoshi has been alive, and though he loves it I kind of wish we'd gotten a few inches at least for him to really have fun with it. He plays in the "snow" behind the skating rink that is the scrapings the Zamboni machine scrapes off the ice and dumps in a huge pile behind the building, and though it's just like a giant mound of real snow somehow it's just not the same.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TorchTheWitch (Reply #1)

Sun Feb 24, 2013, 02:18 PM

2. That hasn't happened yet. Its so cold that the turd freezes as soon as it comes out.

Plus, the snowbanks are coated with ice, so they are pretty solid

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread