Thu Feb 7, 2013, 03:05 PM
elleng (75,447 posts)
Cookie the cockatiel dies in house fire after saving teenager from bedroom blaze.
Ben Rees, 17, was alerted to a fire in his bedroom by his pet cockatiel
The fire started when Ben lit an incense stick but went off for a shower
The bird squawked and flapped his wings to alert Ben to the blaze
The teenager was able to escape thanks to Cookie's actions
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2274944/He-died-hero-Cookie-cockatiel-dies-house-saving-teenager-bedroom-blaze.html#ixzz2KF2jNVdD
Nice pic. Reminds me of our Ciela, who learned the tune on music box in her room.
3 replies, 1024 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Response to elleng (Original post)
Thu Feb 7, 2013, 07:37 PM
Curmudgeoness (18,162 posts)
1. I have mixed feeling here.
I think that it is wonderful that the bird saved the teen, and that they are giving credit to Cookie.
On the other hand, I have a problem with the teen lighting something in a place that obviously was not safe, and then leaving the bird. But I do understand that the bird was possibly not easy to catch if it was so agitated. But still. That really saddens me.
Response to meti57b (Reply #2)
Sat Feb 9, 2013, 07:05 PM
BlancheSplanchnik (16,107 posts)
3. I feel the same way.....
Maybe I'm mean and rotten but I'm realy angry at that kid. And sad for that poor little bird.
So sick of thoughtless stupid kids and people making innocent animals suffer.