HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Pets (Group) » Recently a Doll artist in...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 02:52 PM

Recently a Doll artist in the FB community and doll community died from the flu.

Last edited Sun Jan 20, 2013, 10:20 PM - Edit history (1)

She had no insurance.She had no children. Only her four cats and a tiny poodle.People have rallied around and given money to help pay for her funeral and friends have stepped forward to form a human chain from Ohio to all the way to Florida to place them. One of our dearest DU members, OneGrassRoot,has offered to drive them part way on this journey! Moments like this give me hope in humanity. They still need to raise money for a car rental and gas for our DUer. Roughly $100. I just donated $25 and am tight and poor. : > (. If you are inclined and trusting....small gifts can be sent to (deleted now) to her friend Dawn....who has arranged this with the help of our Wishadoo friend. Here is her obit.http://www.starkmemorial.com/sitemaker/sites/STARKM1/obit.cgi?user=864614Burson

2 replies, 632 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Recently a Doll artist in the FB community and doll community died from the flu. (Original post)
glinda Jan 2013 OP
glinda Jan 2013 #1
NCarolinawoman Jan 2013 #2

Response to glinda (Original post)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 12:50 AM

1. Animals saved. All is good. All is paid for.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to glinda (Reply #1)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 09:26 PM

2. Just saw your post. Thank you.

It is comforting to know that there are many kind people in this world.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread