HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Pets (Group) » twisted toenail in a boxe...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Dec 27, 2012, 03:17 PM

twisted toenail in a boxer...ouch

Our baby girl on christmas night started limping. We had had lots of company but the puppies were mostly in their crates or outside so we don't know if she got stepped on, or simply stepped wrong, stubbed her toe or what, but we looked at her back foot to find out why she was limping. Her "pinky" nail was bent totally sideways. OUCH

Took her to vet today and they had to cut the nail off and stop the little bleed. Poor girl. She is a trouper tho and has bounced back and is chasing our older boxer around the house and yard.

I have never seen a puppy twist a nail like that. I can only imagine how much it hurt. I would think it would be like if we bent or broke a nail deep in the nailbed.

5 replies, 993 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply twisted toenail in a boxer...ouch (Original post)
demtenjeep Dec 2012 OP
avebury Dec 2012 #1
demtenjeep Dec 2012 #2
kas125 Dec 2012 #3
2theleft Dec 2012 #4
sad-cafe Jan 2013 #5

Response to demtenjeep (Original post)

Thu Dec 27, 2012, 03:57 PM

1. Poor baby!

I hope that she got some extra treats and loving!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to avebury (Reply #1)

Thu Dec 27, 2012, 04:02 PM

2. oh you know it

she is not quite a year but is very spoiled

The vet gave her some cheese and crackers and she is laying beside me currently napping on the couch

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 27, 2012, 11:21 PM

3. Aww, poor puppy. One of mine cut his foot when he was a puppy.

knocked over a cookie jar that I had a plant growing in and then tried to dig in the dirt. He cut his foot so badly that it needed surgery. It seemed like it took forever to heal completely, but he ran around like it was no big deal even when I was still changing his bandages three times a day.

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 29, 2012, 03:52 PM

4. My boxer has issues with her nails...

They seem to split a lot. Of course, she is INSANE, true to the breed. Running, leaping, boxing, etc. Many a vet visit to have them treated. I worried about a deficiency of some type making them weak, but after blood work, she is healthy as a horse, just crazy. You gotta love those nutty boxers!

Mine is currently laying on my pillow sleeping. I tried to take a nap, but she kept pushing me out of the way.

I'm glad your girl is doing better. There is nothing better than boxer babies of all ages.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 11:40 PM

5. we have been following this farm for our next furry friend

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread