HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Pets (Group) » The group has been very q...

Sun Nov 4, 2012, 10:24 PM

The group has been very quiet. Have your pets already voted?

Mine asked if they could vote to free Seamus.

7 replies, 849 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply The group has been very quiet. Have your pets already voted? (Original post)
Stinky The Clown Nov 2012 OP
NRaleighLiberal Nov 2012 #1
nadine_mn Nov 2012 #2
ginnyinWI Nov 2012 #5
grntuscarora Nov 2012 #3
get the red out Nov 2012 #4
Curmudgeoness Nov 2012 #6
TorchTheWitch Nov 2012 #7

Response to Stinky The Clown (Original post)

Sun Nov 4, 2012, 10:28 PM

1. My two dogs and two cats are so excited about this election...

that they seem to be spending as much time as possible napping!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Nov 5, 2012, 05:09 AM

2. No joke - our GSD has a crush on Obama

The other day I was watching MSNBC when they cut to a live clip of Obama speaking at a rally - our GSD (who was napping on an easy chair) looked up to the tv and stared transfixed with love in his eyes until they went back to the hosts, then he put his head down between his paws (sad face). It was such a cute thing I had to tell my husbanc - ok everything our pets do is cute and that is all we talk about, we have no life.

Later that night, again watching MSNBC, they show a clip of Obama and our GSD who was walking out of the room, stopped and turned back to watch the tv until they went back to the host. Its hilarious. Our Chesapeake/lab mix could care less who is on tv, she just likes to nap.

Reply to this post

Response to nadine_mn (Reply #2)

Mon Nov 5, 2012, 12:51 PM

5. smart doggie

He recognizes him by his voice.

My cat only likes to chase the crawlers at the bottom of the screen. There is a ledge in front of the flat screen, and she sits, in the way, patting at it with her paws.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 5, 2012, 07:43 AM

3. Big Dog says Vote Obama!

This English Mastiff shelter dog weighs in at 150 pounds. So don't argue with him!
Jk---he's actually the most affable, good-natured dog ever!

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 5, 2012, 09:56 AM

4. My walking buddy told me mine could

A lady down the street that I walk with sometimes (with her 2 Labs and my BC mix) told me that our precinct will let me take my dog to vote, she said she takes her two in and puts "I Voted" stickers on their heads, LOL. I am thinking of combining my morning walk tomorrow with voting. Layla could find it TOO exciting though, she can get a bit stimulated, so I haven't made up my mind.

I call Layla a "blue dog" since my husband is a Republican and I'm a very liberal Democrat.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 5, 2012, 07:08 PM

6. I would be afraid to let my cat vote.

He would be one of those low-information voters, and who knows which way he would go. Probably whoever gave him food.

You just can't trust cats.

But as to this group being quiet lately, I suppose that is a good thing.....too many people post when there are problems, so no posting means all is well. (At least that I my hope.)

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 6, 2012, 01:40 AM

7. Yoshi isn't eligible

He's only 1 1/2 years old. Frankly, I'm relieved because he would probably chew up all the ballots into teeny soggy pieces of confetti. That would be pretty difficult for the state to explain why they had no votes at all from that polling place... how exactly does someone say "ugh, the dog ate the ballots" without it sounding like "ugh, the dog ate my homework"?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread