HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Addiction & Recovery (Group) » I had a great meeting ton...

Sat Feb 18, 2012, 02:36 AM

I had a great meeting tonight!

I would love to tell you about it, but I can't. But what I can say is the online meeting I go to works,sometimes even better than my F2F. And, best of all, I can still go when I have a cold and not infect anyone!

8 replies, 1494 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to tavalon (Original post)

Sat Feb 18, 2012, 02:47 PM

1. And today, I'm going to crawl out of my bed and try to be half human

I have until Tuesday to get better - jury duty. I've never been picked for an actual F2F jury - long story, but I've tried to serve every time it was my turn.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to tavalon (Reply #1)

Sat Feb 18, 2012, 10:09 PM

2. And, half human is all I've achieved today. I think it's going to be an early night for me.

I hope I feel better tomorrow since I need to get my hair cut and make sure I have court suitable clothes clean and ready to go.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 18, 2012, 11:24 PM

3. I'm glad you had a great meeting. :woohoo:

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 19, 2012, 06:49 PM

4. how did you find the online meetings?

I attended a few years ago but I didn't find them very useful. I'm curious how you found good ones.

Reply to this post

Response to cally (Reply #4)

Sun Feb 19, 2012, 07:09 PM

5. Actually

This group counts as a meeting, any time 2 or more alcoholics get together and discuss recovery it is an AA meeting

Reply to this post

Response to Old Codger (Reply #5)

Wed Feb 29, 2012, 04:46 AM

8. I had that happen accidently the other day while I was learning the ropes of a new group

I ended up in a chat room with one other person and the topic turned to our recoveries. It was a really good, and totally unexpected moment, a bit of grace actually.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 19, 2012, 07:12 PM

6. Well, the one I go to is Nar anon

The F2F meetings I go to are Al anon. I just signed up for an online CoDA group but they haven't "approved" me yet, so I have no idea how their meetings go. The Nar anon one starts with the serenity prayer (and many end that with amen, so mote it be or all my relations), then if you want to share, you "!" and the moderator calls on you. You share and then say "I'm done" and the others say something supportive but not crosstalk oriented. And so it goes for about 90 minutes. Another serenity prayer and then it's done. The great part is they have meetings seven days a week, so while I was sick, I was still able to "attend" and not infect anyone but my computer keyboard.

People stay after and that becomes crosstalk central but usually it's about our animals or some such non recovery oriented stuff in the after part - socializing, really.

I'm surprised at how well it works and I've been there with many different moderators and they are all great at making sure no crosstalk happens and they really nurture the supportive atmosphere.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread