HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » Netflix, Streaming Videos & DVDs (Group) » Too soon to watch this ye...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 08:32 PM

Too soon to watch this yet, but this movie about a school shooter was moving,

though hard to watch. It is about the parents of the shooter. I saw it last year, and think about it each time such a tragedy happens. There may be blame to go around, but there are also innocent relatives who lost someone too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1533013/

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Beautiful-Boy/70153443?strkid=2124794866_0_0&strackid=76c5916aa3df64dd_0_srl&trkid=222336

Beautiful Boy

Bill and Kate are on the verge of separating when the unthinkable happens: Their 18-year-old son goes on a shooting spree at his college, then kills himself. While coping with their grief, Bill and Kate struggle to figure out what went wrong.

2 replies, 428 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Too soon to watch this yet, but this movie about a school shooter was moving, (Original post)
Lisa0825 Dec 2012 OP
bif Dec 2012 #1
Generic Brad Dec 2012 #2

Response to Lisa0825 (Original post)

Tue Dec 18, 2012, 02:51 PM

1. Also "The Life Before her Eyes".

As the anniversary of a high school shooting approaches, a young woman flashes back to a time when she dreamed of leaving her small town behind for bigger things. Drifting between past and present, she wonders whether she can live with her choice.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Lisa0825 (Original post)

Wed Dec 19, 2012, 10:45 PM

2. There is also "Let's Talk About Kevin"

I think it will be a long time before I ever watch that one though. It hits too close to home for most of us.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread