HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » Netflix, Streaming Videos & DVDs (Group) » Being Erica
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Jul 29, 2012, 12:28 PM

Being Erica

It's a Canadian production and I don't know if it would even be available on the US Netflix menu but I am totally smitten by it. Which is a bit strange because I usually avoid all series TV (LOST and Game of Thrones, Boston Legal - those are the kinds of shows I like and there aren't that many of them around).

This is an overview of the show's theme:

Plot Summary for
"Being Erica" (2009) More at IMDbPro

"Therapist" Dr. Tom - who is constantly spouting famous and not so famous historical quotes - is Erica Strange's savior and worst enemy. Erica, a young adult woman, is having a bad life because of the bad decisions she's made. Erica provides Dr. Tom with a long list of those pivotal moments in her life that she feels have led to the bad state she is in today. Erica is initially unaware of what Dr. Tom is intending on doing with this list. What he does do is transport her back in time to each of those moments so that she, with all the knowledge of her present day life, can make better decisions to fix her life. Regardless of these new decisions, Dr. Tom hopes that Erica will come to the realization that although the opinions of others about her life do matter, it's what she thinks of her decisions and her life that are more important. Written by Huggo

===
I like the concept of going back in time to fix up regrets you have - and I love Dr. Tom and his endless supply of wonderful quotes. Erica herself I'm not all that fond of - she's a bit of a self-centred brat constantly manhunting but the people she has around her are great.

Just wondering if anyone here has heard/seen this series.

1 replies, 700 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Being Erica (Original post)
Whisp Jul 2012 OP
LoveMyCali Aug 2012 #1

Response to Whisp (Original post)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 04:13 AM

1. I've seen quite a few episodes

from when it aired on SoapNet. I agree that she can be a bit of a brat but I liked her most of the time, Though she's a bit self-centered she is willing to learn from her past mistakes.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread