HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » Netflix, Streaming Videos & DVDs (Group) » "Outrageous Fortune&...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon May 28, 2012, 11:37 PM

"Outrageous Fortune" a cross between "The Sopranos" and "Arrested Development"

Which is to say, I LOVE it!

Shot in New Zealand, they are a small time, petty crime family who make an attempt to go straight. It's very funny, sometimes dark. The accents take some getting used to, but they are all exceptional actors.

This show has LOTS of sex, drugs and foul language, and not to much violence! Probably not for the faint of heart or kids.

Any one else watching it? I'm at season 2, there are 6 seasons total.

7 replies, 1615 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply "Outrageous Fortune" a cross between "The Sopranos" and "Arrested Development" (Original post)
Merlot May 2012 OP
NV Whino Jun 2012 #1
Merlot Jun 2012 #2
NV Whino Jun 2012 #3
cbayer Jun 2012 #4
YankeyMCC Jul 2012 #5
ecaramil Aug 2012 #6
cbayer Aug 2012 #7

Response to Merlot (Original post)

Wed Jun 6, 2012, 02:17 AM

1. Just finished all 6 seasons

Great show. It's a credit to the actor that I hated the character Wolf so much. I was ever so happy to see him disappear, and hated him even more when he reappeared. Loved grandpa's creative swearing. Absolutely great cast.

The only criticism I have is, and it's probably only because I watched several episodes at a time, the shouting got to be a bit much. The scenes were effective, but it was constant high intensity.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to NV Whino (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 11:58 PM

2. You had to know "Wolf" would be lurking around in the shadows...

This show always either has me on the edge of my seat or laughing out loud. So far my favorite episode was the heist/rescue from the Horsemen gang. I'm currently finishing up season 2, so no spoilers please!

Still having trouble making out the dialogue in some places. Probably missed a few zingers.

Reply to this post

Response to Merlot (Reply #2)

Fri Jun 8, 2012, 01:57 AM

3. Yeah, some of the Kiwi is hard to understand

No spoilers. There are any twists and turns yet to be seen.

Reply to this post

Fri Jun 8, 2012, 12:27 PM

4. Looks right up my alley. Added to queue. Thanks!

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 2, 2012, 07:58 PM

5. Thank you for mentioning this!

I have only gotten through Season 3 episode 12...where Munter and Van appear to be reconnecting at the end of the episode.

Such great characters there was nothing untrue about the emotion the last scene stirred in me.

Without reading the earlier posts I know there is probably a Wolf pounce in store for everyone but that too is what makes this show so outstanding.

I have to say I'm pretty surprised that such a small country is able to produce and sustain such quality programs.

Anyway, thanks and I'll keep on working my way through the rest of the series.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 04:52 PM

6. YES

I just started watching this last night, and it is absolutely amazing! I'm excited to see something out of New Zealand, too.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 04:59 PM

7. I have only seen the first two episode of season 1, but I also love it.

Very funny, but I agree about the accents. Fortunately my husband, from another member of the commonwealth, is able to translate for me.

Anyway, can't stream right now, but when we get to a place where that's possible again, I will start watching it again.

Enjoy!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread