HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Health (Group) » I found this book in the ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 02:49 PM

I found this book in the library at the Pfeiffer Research Institute..... and I think it needs

to be brought to the attention of the country and the medical profession. Brain Allergies is good, this appears to be great and I will probably be ordering it asap.

ON EDIT TO ADD: Who Dr. Abram Hoffer was.

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Healing-Schizophrenia-Common-Disorders/dp/0965097676/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355599782&sr=8-1&keywords=Natural+Healing+for+Schizophrenia.+by+Eva+Edelman

>>Everyone should read this, October 13, 2011
by 5starG'Ma
This book broke my heart in some ways.....so much help, so easily and readily available, and so few are mentioning this approach....it is devestating to realize the amount of suffering so many are enduring who struggle with schizophrenia, and no one is giving them the information to find ways to reverse this process.......I have been an active member of NAMI (National Alliance for Mentally Ill) for many years now, and I am devestated to realize how many people are suffering through 'hit-and-miss' pharmaceutical guessing games...with little or no respitre....this book is a (literal) God send. It is clear and well organized. It not only will help you get on the right track but it will help you stay there. Recovery is seldom a linear process, this book will be a valuable and life long resource.<<

>>Best book I have ever read, January 14, 2011
By
LilyPad
Eva Edelman book is a lifesaver and I am so thankful to have also found her new book Natural Healing for Bipolar Disorder. I have a loved one with bipolar and have always felt there must be more than just harsh drugs to help treat this devastating disorder. I have spent countless hours looking for answers and FINALLY found her book. Every page is carefully written and filled with solid information that is backed by medical research and real people. People with mental illness are often rushed into taking drugs to treat the symptoms, but not the cause. The body and brain are increadible and with the right nutrients and guidance it is possible to heal your brain chemistry. Eva's book will give you the guidance you need to open your eyes and your mind to the real biochemical answers you are looking for. Her book has led me to find an orthomolecular psychiatrist that is helping to get my brother balanced naturally so he can live the wonderful life he was born to live. If you are someone with bipolar or have a loved one with mental illness, I can't encourage you enough to buy her books.<<

>>This book could save a life, January 2, 2010
By
C. Mayou (Oregon)
A family member seemingly had schizophrenia. Eventually we figured out it was a bacterial infection in the brain caused by Lyme Disease; antibiotics, vitamins, and healthy eating brought this person back to "good-as-new." This was one of the few resources available that presented the many causes of mental disorders along with natural cures and treatments availble. I highly recommend it.<<

>>Hope for Schizophrenics, November 16, 2009
By
Reuven Gilmore "author: "Nutrition and Yo... (NJ and Israel) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
I have studied orthomolecular psychiatry for the past 10 years, but did not actively search out clients (I am a nutritionist living in Israel) before the passing of the great Abram Hoffer, M.D., PhD. At that time, I felt that I must do my tiny part in carrying the flag of hope for those suffering from schizophrenia. To the best of my knowledge, there is only one other orthomolecular practitioner in my country who seriously deals with schizophrenia.<<

4 replies, 730 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply I found this book in the library at the Pfeiffer Research Institute..... and I think it needs (Original post)
2on2u Dec 2012 OP
LiberalEsto Dec 2012 #1
2on2u Dec 2012 #4
Celebration Dec 2012 #2
2on2u Dec 2012 #3

Response to 2on2u (Original post)

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 03:04 PM

1. There was a place in Princeton, NJ

that treated schizophrenics along these lines. It was called the Brain Bio Center.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Pfeiffer_%28pharmacologist%29

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to LiberalEsto (Reply #1)

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 03:38 PM

4. Link if you need....

www.HRIPTC.org

Reply to this post

Response to 2on2u (Original post)

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 03:23 PM

2. one big problem

The media is supported by pharmaceutical advertising. It is their lifeblood!

Reply to this post

Response to Celebration (Reply #2)

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 03:37 PM

3. The most rabidly medicated nation on the planet seems to have a whole lot of trouble at

all ends of the spectrum.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread