HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Health (Group) » Squatty Potty

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:14 PM

Squatty Potty

Has anyone gotten one of these yet? Seems like a pretty good idea. I might just try a cinder block instead though.

http://www.squattypotty.com/

5 replies, 856 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to ErikJ (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:58 PM

1. public toilets in some countries are just a hole in concrete for...squatting nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 03:03 PM

2. Okay, what's with the white squatty potty that has large black dots on either side?

They look like cupholders.

Reply to this post

Response to gkhouston (Reply #2)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 03:18 PM

4. Maybe one side is for milk of mag and the other

is for the Imodium when the MOM overshoots things a bit.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 03:17 PM

3. Those look like well made units and I might just get one

I use an overturned gallon pail when things get a bit slow and it really does help to get the thighs angled upwards. I've done this for ages. This gadget would accomplish the same thing without potentially slipping out of the way and injuring my dignity, such as it is when I'm sitting on the loo.

Squat toilets themselves are a great idea for younger people but I'm an old crock with severe arthritis who's barely coping with a standard "family" size toilet--too short for grownups but usable by kids over 6.

European toilets use the sitting position because that's basically the design northern Europeans came up with when they realized digging latrines was the best way to keep waste away from drinking water. Indoor toilet facilities in palaces were often very ornate chairs where the seat could be lifted to expose a hole with a removable pot under it to catch the royal doodoo. In fact, my grandparents had one of those, probably used before they had an upstairs bathroom and somebody was too sick to make it downstairs.

So yeah, I give this gadget a two thumbs up. Getting into the proper position helps a lot, so don't be tempted to pass this off as silly.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 05:17 PM

5. I don't need one because my bathroom is so small that I can

put my feet on the wall while on the toilet.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread