HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » Women's Rights & Issues (Group) » "Dead Girl" jok...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 02:29 PM

"Dead Girl" jokes in Stubensville Incident and Dead Girl movie

Forgive me if someone has already commented about this before...but as soon as I heard the "dead girl" jokes on that infamous video I couldn't help but wonder if those involved in this horrible crime had seen the movie "Dead Girl." Obviously they missed the point about it's commentary on rape culture...but it did strike a chord with me.

If you haven't seen it or heard of it..it's a very provocative film about two high school boys who find a chained up naked "zombie" girl and realize they can do whatever they want to her without consequences.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0896534/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2]

5 replies, 1518 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply "Dead Girl" jokes in Stubensville Incident and Dead Girl movie (Original post)
Sylvarose Jan 2013 OP
riverbendviewgal Jan 2013 #1
marew Jan 2013 #2
Sylvarose Jan 2013 #3
riverbendviewgal Jan 2013 #4
Sylvarose Jan 2013 #5

Response to Sylvarose (Original post)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 02:34 PM

1. That is one creepy movie

I would never watch.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to riverbendviewgal (Reply #1)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 02:40 PM

2. I'm with you!

Reply to this post

Response to riverbendviewgal (Reply #1)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 02:41 PM

3. it is

...took me a long time to work up to watching it..and then I did it only in the company of a fellow feminist and horror fan so we could have intelligent conversation about it afterwards. It's quite a disturbing film. As I said though, when I heard about this case..I couldn't help but flashback to the movie and feel as if the movie did nail something sick, twisted and dark in our culture and how we've raised young men to view women.

Reply to this post

Response to Sylvarose (Reply #3)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 02:46 PM

4. I JUST READ IT ON THE LINK

I am not a big horror fan , was when I was a kid but they were pretty tame then. Just reading this I did pick up how it treats woman. Whoever made this hates women.

Reply to this post

Response to riverbendviewgal (Reply #4)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 02:56 PM

5. I don't know

...it certainly doesn't have a happy ending..and the gas station scene made me cheer. There's a lot back and forth on this film. It's definitely a commentary on our culture. And trust me...it does a very very good job of showing that the "boys" in this film are the monster...not the zombie. It's like "The Woman". Another film which highlights the misogyny in our culture and asks who is the monster? Again..another very disturbing movie.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread