HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » LGBT (Group) » Tony Perkins Blames Gays ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Feb 1, 2013, 10:24 AM

Tony Perkins Blames Gays In The U.S. Military For Surge In Suicides

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/31/tony-perkins-gays-military-dont-ask-dont-tell-suicides-surge_n_2590877.html

Tony Perkins Blames Gays In The U.S. Military For Surge In Suicides
Posted: 01/31/2013 11:47 am EST

The Family Research Council's Tony Perkins slammed the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community yet again, linking the controversial repeal of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy to a reported surge in U.S. military suicides.

"The stress in our military, when you look how they have used the military for their social experimentation: driving Christianity out, putting homosexuality in, suicide rate going through the ceiling," Perkins declared in a radio spot, as Right Wing Watch first reported. "I think it was last year, if I recall, the numbers there were 349 suicides in 2012 and I believe thatís more than were killed in combat, thatís the highest number since the Pentagon began tracking suicides back in 2001."

You can listen to audio of Perkins' statements here.

Perkins offered no additional evidence to back up his claims, which are in line with the American Family Association's Buster Wilson, who last year linked the rise in suicides to the government "turning" the U.S. military into "a sexual, social experiment" by repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," as also reported by Right Wing Watch.

5 replies, 1102 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tony Perkins Blames Gays In The U.S. Military For Surge In Suicides (Original post)
unhappycamper Feb 2013 OP
kevinbgoode1 Feb 2013 #1
Thinkingabout Feb 2013 #2
longship Feb 2013 #3
William769 Feb 2013 #4
RKP5637 Feb 2013 #5

Response to unhappycamper (Original post)

Fri Feb 1, 2013, 10:34 AM

1. Well okay, Tony. . .ya fake "Christian"

. . .as if Christianity is spozed to be all about killing and wars.

I'm still trying to figure out who elected, appointed, or annointed Tony Perkins, right wing media whore, as the official spokesmodel for a religion.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Feb 1, 2013, 10:40 AM

2. Tony Perkins is a poor spokesman for suicides in the military or anywhere else.

In fact he is not one who seems capable of telling the truth. He throws out whatever he can to have an audience and I feel sorry for those who falls for their crap. He is shameless.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 1, 2013, 11:04 AM

3. Perkins making shit up, as usual.

I think somebody once said something about not bearing false witness.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 1, 2013, 11:51 AM

4. I know at least one that the "Surge In Suicides" is not working on.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 1, 2013, 09:11 PM

5. Perkins is sooo creepy descriptions pale in describing his psychological health. n/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread