HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » LGBT (Group) » Pentagon bans Towleroad, ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 05:06 PM

Pentagon bans Towleroad, AMERICAblog sites for being “LGBT.” Coulter, Limbaugh ok.

UPDATE: Even more gay news sites have been found to have been banned by the Pentagon, while an officially-designated hate group is not. Good as You, Bilerico – banned. AFA, NOM, Red State, Breitbart, Glenn Beck – not banned.

UPDATE: The filter category used by the Pentagon, “LGBT,” also bans gay anti-bullying and suicide prevention sites.

It’s bad enough the United States Department of Defense censors Towleroad and AMERICAblog – banning the gay civil rights Web sites from being accessed on DOD computers – and it’s even worse that the Pentagon has no problem permitting their computers to access Ann Coulter’s and Rush Limbaugh’s hate-filled Web sites.

http://americablog.com/2013/01/pentagon-bans-gay-web-sites.html

And now they want Chuck Hagel to run the place? If it's a fight they want, I say it's a fight we give them.

5 replies, 879 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Pentagon bans Towleroad, AMERICAblog sites for being “LGBT.” Coulter, Limbaugh ok. (Original post)
William769 Jan 2013 OP
Smarmie Doofus Jan 2013 #1
Vanje Jan 2013 #2
Zorra Jan 2013 #3
Behind the Aegis Jan 2013 #4
Maven Jan 2013 #5

Response to William769 (Original post)

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 06:03 PM

1. This goes on in a lot of school systems as well.

Last edited Fri Jan 4, 2013, 06:46 PM - Edit history (1)

ACLU had or has a whole initiative directed toward UN-banning LGBT sites from school systems.

I wrote a long email to Bloomberg's NYC school's chancellor asking him to explain why PFLAG and EqualityForum.org were blocked.

That was last year. Still waiting for a reply. Or an acknowledgement.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 07:50 PM

2. That is fucked up

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 02:09 AM

3. Kinda scary, when you think about how these conservative idiots are in charge of defending our

country.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 02:10 AM

4. I don't see this getting any better. I guess can we can always be surprised, but...

Once again, I feel betrayed.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 03:34 AM

5. Don't look now, but there is a contingent on DU that is so keen to promote Hagel

that they will smear actual Democrats like Barney Frank or anyone else who opposes his nomination.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread