HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » LGBT (Group) » Does anyone here know abo...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Dec 24, 2012, 04:42 PM

Does anyone here know about the Fountaingrove project? LGBT retirement community w/ continuing care

n the hills of Santa Rosa's Fountaingrove neighborhood, the public this weekend can get an early glimpse at the nation's first gay and lesbian retirement community with continuing care.

Most of the Fountaingrove Lodge project won't be built for 18 months. But on Saturday and Sunday, visitors can look through a completed model unit or take a tour of the oak-covered slope where the main, three-story building will feature a day spa, movie theater and wine cellar.

<>

The nation has relatively few facilities specifically for seniors in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered community.

What makes Fountaingrove different is that it will be the first such facility in the U.S. that also is licensed as a continuing care retirement community. As such, it will have a care center for residents suffering Alzheimer's or dementia.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110615/BUSINESS/110619663/1350

.........................................................................................................

This project is just too cool. Our county is second only to San Francisco County in terms of percentage of population who belong in the LGBT community.

Full disclosure - I am so hopelessly straight that this is the first time I have ever typed 'LGBT' and I had to look at it twice in order to get it right. That being said, I am going to contact them about providing local entertainment.
DBH

2 replies, 506 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Does anyone here know about the Fountaingrove project? LGBT retirement community w/ continuing care (Original post)
DollarBillHines Dec 2012 OP
William769 Dec 2012 #1
Scruffy Rumbler Dec 2012 #2

Response to DollarBillHines (Original post)

Mon Dec 24, 2012, 05:19 PM

1. Thank you for posting this.

This only in recent times starting to be addressed. It's hard enough going into your golden age, it seems doubly hard for LGBT (if you do not have a significant other).

P.S. Being "straight" is not a problem here (many heterosexuals are friendely for the equality & needs of the LGBT community).

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DollarBillHines (Original post)

Tue Dec 25, 2012, 12:55 AM

2. Thanks for posting this!

So many of our elders find they are forced back into the closet as they age.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread