HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » LGBT (Group) » The perfect response

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 08:26 PM

The perfect response

Anytime a "christian" starts spouting that such and such is prohibited by the Bible, here is your response. Jesus himself said in Matthew 18:18-20, "Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Can't get any more plain than that. So now that we've got that settled....

2 replies, 721 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply The perfect response (Original post)
bl968 Aug 2012 OP
xchrom Aug 2012 #1
deutsey Aug 2012 #2

Response to bl968 (Original post)

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 08:30 PM

1. Awfully Democratic of Christ. Nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to bl968 (Original post)

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 09:12 PM

2. Jesus was also attacked by holier-than-thou religious types for

being a "glutton and a drunkard" because he hung out with his society's outcasts. He also violated religious laws like keeping the sabbath and basically said all the law and scriptures boil down to loving God with all your being and loving your neighbor as yourself. And when pressed who was one's neighbor, Jesus told the parable of the Samaritan, in which he shocked his more orthodox listeners by choosing a reviled outsider as an example of one's neighbor.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread