HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » LGBT (Group) » The reality disconnect is...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu May 17, 2012, 06:15 PM

The reality disconnect is strong in this post

http://www.democraticunderground.com/125138253#post12

6 replies, 974 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply The reality disconnect is strong in this post (Original post)
dbackjon May 2012 OP
William769 May 2012 #1
pinto May 2012 #2
dbackjon May 2012 #3
Zorra May 2012 #4
QC May 2012 #6
HillWilliam May 2012 #5

Response to dbackjon (Original post)

Thu May 17, 2012, 06:43 PM

1. People like that are always a disconnect.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dbackjon (Original post)

Thu May 17, 2012, 07:32 PM

2. Got an SOP alert on this OP. I think it's OK here, for the record. WSC on group input.

You have received this Alert message because you are currently a Host of the group: LGBT.

ALERTED DISCUSSION THREAD

-- Author: dbackjon
-- Title: The reality disconnect is strong in this post
-- Posted: Thu May 17, 2012, 06:15 PM
-- Link: http://www.democraticunderground.com/113713188

ALERT INFORMATION

-- Sent by: TheWraith
-- Reason: This discussion thread violates the Statement of Purpose for this forum.
-- Alerter's comments: Call out.

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: LGBT

A group for LGBT DUers and allies. All topics of interest to the LGBT community are welcome.

ABOUT THIS ALERT

As a forum Host it is your duty to ensure that threads meet the forum's Statement of Purpose. You are empowered to lock threads which you believe do not meet the Statement of Purpose.

You should only review the thread's originating post (otherwise known as the OP). You are not required to review the replies.

If you believe the OP is off-topic for the forum and/or does not meet the forum's Statement of Purpose, you should lock the thread by clicking the "Super powers" link at the bottom left corner of the OP and selecting the option "Lock thread (Reason: Violates this forum's Statement of Purpose)."

If you choose to lock the thread, a basic explanation -- including your username -- will be pasted automatically into the OP. If you wish to provide a more detailed explanation, you should post your explanation as a reply to the OP before you lock the thread.

The person who posted the OP is permitted to appeal your decision directly via DU Mail. If an appeal is sent, it is your responsibility to consider the merits of the appeal, and decide whether the thread should remain locked. If you decide to unlock it, you can do so by clicking the "Super powers" link on the post.

Only you (or a DU Administrator) will be able to unlock the thread once you have locked it.

Reply to this post

Response to pinto (Reply #2)

Thu May 17, 2012, 07:38 PM

3. I wondered if anyone would object

I have seen many threads linking to other threads, with similar purpose.

Reply to this post

Response to dbackjon (Reply #3)

Thu May 17, 2012, 08:09 PM

4. I believe that you made a valid observation, dbackjon.

If I did not support the civil right of African Americans to get married on the basis of the color of their skin, then I would be engaging in discrimination, and therefore, could be considered a bigot.

The same could be said about a person who does not support same sex marriage on the basis of someone's love/sexual preference partner.

It's not rocket science.

Reply to this post

Response to dbackjon (Reply #3)

Thu May 17, 2012, 10:45 PM

6. No surprise on who alerted there. No surprise at all.

Reply to this post

Response to pinto (Reply #2)

Thu May 17, 2012, 08:18 PM

5. I have to agree

This is a safe-haven group, part of whose purpose is to discuss posts on Greater DU that to, from, or about us.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread