HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Foreign Affairs & National Security » Israel/Palestine (Group) » 10 years later, Passover ...

Fri Apr 6, 2012, 12:07 PM

10 years later, Passover Massacre victims find solace in one another

For many years, Moti Amir tried to block out any memory of the horrors that she witnessed on the night of the 2002 seder terrorist attack in this seaside city.

But on the 10th anniversary of what is considered the deadliest terror attack of the second intifada, Amir remembers the haunting images in painfully stark detail: Her 10-year-old son jolting backwards from the blast of the bomb, the doorpost that fell on him and the shattered window glass that cut into the boy as well as her husband’s stomach. She searched blindly in the dark to find her son amid chaotic screams and frantic running. She says she’ll never forget the pools of blood and rescue workers carrying away bodies wrapped in black plastic bags.

Fortunately, Amir and her family survived and hopes her recollections, however gruesome they may seem, send a poignant message to the world.

“That I am a survivor and I didn’t let anyone kill me or take my family away from me—I’m stronger in life from this,” she said, while attending a memorial service this week for victims and family members of the March 27, 2002 attack at the Park Hotel seaside resort.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/passover/article/10_years_later_passover_massacre_victims_find_solace_in_one_another_2012032/

0 replies, 505 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread