HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Foreign Affairs & National Security » Israel/Palestine (Group) » In Hate Crime, Arab Schoo...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:24 PM

In Hate Crime, Arab Schoolgirls Assaulted On Jerusalem Bus

<snip>

"At least three passengers on a Egged public bus in Jerusalem harassed and assaulted a group of ten Arab sixth grade girls from a Jewish-Arab school, Ha’aretz reports.

The girls were on their way home from the Max Rayne Bilingual School Sunday when two passengers hurled racial slurs at the students and one of them spat out his chewing gum at them.

When those two passengers disembarked, a third passenger, a woman, called the girls “monkeys,” said the girls should be ashamed of (pretending to be) human, told them they have no right to live, and threatened to send people to kill them. She also hit one of the girls and pulled her hair, according to an account by the girl's father, who said that his daughter has grown accustomed to being verbally abused when passing through Jewish neighborhoods. But, her father said, this was the first time she was physically assaulted.

Only one passenger on the bus came to the children’s defense and asked the woman to stop harassing them, he said.

The bus driver allegedly refused to help the girls, and he stopped the bus to intervene only after the woman started hitting one of the girls and pulling her hair.

The driver asked the woman to get off the bus but she refused. At that point, the driver reportedly called police, who detained the woman for questioning when they arrived.

Police confirmed the general allegations Thursday and said they have already questioned the woman who is accused of hitting the girl. However, police are waiting for a formal complaint to be filed before going further."

http://failedmessiah.typepad.com/failed_messiahcom/2013/01/in-hate-crime-arab-schoolgirls-assaulted-on-jerusalem-bus-678.html

9 replies, 1158 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Scurrilous (Original post)

Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:31 PM

1. I am not surprised.

Hurt and disappointed, but not surprised. The long years of brutality take a toll on the perpetrators as well as the victims.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:56 PM

2. THIS is what my tax dollars are paying for. :-(((((((((((((((((

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 27, 2013, 04:42 PM

3. hopefully, the law comes down hard against these bigots. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to shira (Reply #3)

Sun Jan 27, 2013, 05:32 PM

4. Who are you and what did you do with Shira? n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Scootaloo (Reply #4)

Sun Jan 27, 2013, 06:44 PM

5. You have a lot to learn about Israelis, Zionists, and the pro-Israel contigent. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to shira (Reply #5)

Sun Jan 27, 2013, 06:53 PM

6. Well, I ask 'cause just last night you told me racism and hatred are totally justified

And further implied that it's not actually racism when expressed by Jews towards Arabs.

So, you understand my worry that the real Shira has been abducted and replaced with someone who might have a sense of ethics.

Reply to this post

Response to Scootaloo (Reply #6)

Sun Jan 27, 2013, 07:01 PM

7. I didn't say that at all. n/t

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 27, 2013, 07:07 PM

8. the police are waiting for a formal complaint okay then n/t

Reply to this post