HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Foreign Affairs & National Security » Israel/Palestine (Group) » Additional Morsi, Muslim ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Jan 26, 2013, 10:36 AM

Additional Morsi, Muslim Brotherhood Anti-Semitic Statements Found

The MEMRI videos cited by the New York Times earlier this month show Morsi referring to Jews as "the descendants of apes and pigs" and saying that Muslims should "nurse our children and our grandchildren on hatred for them: for Zionists, for Jews…"

The IPT found additional comments by Morsi on the Muslim Brotherhood's website from November 2004 in which he described the Jews as "descendants of apes and pigs."

Morsi also invoked the Quran during the same speech, calling the Zionists "traitors to every covenant and convention" and saying that "the Jews are the most hostile enemies of the Muslims."

References to Jews as "apes" and "pigs" also are repeatedly found in the speeches of the man many liberal Egyptians regard as the real power behind Morsi, Muslim Brotherhood Supreme Guide Mohammed Badie. According to Germany's Der Spiegel, Morsi regularly meets with Badie and has shown that he expresses obedience to the supreme guide.

http://www.investigativeproject.org/3897/additional-morsi-muslim-brotherhood-anti-semitic

7 replies, 741 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Additional Morsi, Muslim Brotherhood Anti-Semitic Statements Found (Original post)
zellie Jan 2013 OP
zellie Jan 2013 #1
zellie Jan 2013 #2
shira Feb 2013 #3
zellie Feb 2013 #4
shira Feb 2013 #5
zellie Feb 2013 #6
azurnoir Feb 2013 #7

Response to zellie (Original post)

Sat Jan 26, 2013, 10:43 AM

1. Morsi seems to dislike Jews .

There are some people who might see him as an antisemite.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Jan 26, 2013, 11:25 AM

2. Morsi: Jewish-controlled media distorted my ‘apes and pigs’ remark

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 11:30 AM

3. It's MEMRI's fault. If it weren't for them, Morsi and his MB would be moderate....

Damn MEMRI to hell!

Only right-wingers and bigots would dare point out the mainstream hatred within Arab societies surrounding Israel.

Good anti-racists know never to accuse Arab regimes of antisemitism that makes Der Sturmer look moderate in comparison.

Reply to this post

Response to shira (Reply #3)

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 03:26 PM

4. Think of it as a old memory.

My question is what percentage of the Arab street support these statements?

If you tell me it's 100 % that's says one thing.

If you tell me 10% then why isnt you dont hear from this 10% denouncing this crap ?

It sure doesn't appear to be 0% .

Reply to this post

Response to zellie (Reply #4)

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 05:00 PM

5. It's "racist" and certainly not 'PC' to say Jew hatred is mainstream....

...throughout the mideast, even if all evidence points to a vast majority that hates Jews.

Imagine that. Jews are racists for pointing out the obvious WRT antisemitism throughout the Arab world.

Reply to this post

Response to shira (Reply #5)

Mon Feb 4, 2013, 07:03 AM

6. "Vast majority hate Jews"

Isn't that a form of racism ?

I hope that you're wrong about the vast majority of the arab street hate Jews although the evidence clearly tells me that.

Look at gaza... Women are treated like garbage there, no FOSpeech and no FOPress. One wonders whether every gazan agrees with this or are they so repressed that they are to afraid to speak up?

And I doubt any significant % of Arab- Israelis would ever move to gaza.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 4, 2013, 10:30 AM

7. kick n/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread