HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Foreign Affairs & National Security » Israel/Palestine (Group) » Palestinian Cars Vandaliz...

Sun Nov 4, 2012, 02:38 PM

Palestinian Cars Vandalized In Apparent Hate Attack

By Agence France-Presse
Sunday, November 4, 2012 12:03 EST

JERUSALEM — Palestinian cars were vandalised overnight in the Shuafat neighbourhood of Israeli-annexed east Jerusalem, in an attack that bore the hallmarks of a hate crime by rightwing Israeli extremists.

Six vehicles had their tyres slashed and were daubed with slogans in Hebrew reading “Price tag,” “Death to the enemy” and “Knitted kippa,” a reference to the small crocheted skullcap worn by men of the religious-nationalist Jewish settlement movement, an AFP photographer reported.

Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld told AFP that more graffiti was found on a wall in the area.

“Price tag” is the name of a revenge campaign by Jewish extremists, for the most part targeting Palestinians and Arabs in response to Israeli government moves against settler outposts.

MORE...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/04/palestinian-cars-vandalised-in-apparent-hate-attack/

3 replies, 397 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Palestinian Cars Vandalized In Apparent Hate Attack (Original post)
Purveyor Nov 2012 OP
Violet_Crumble Nov 2012 #1
azurnoir Nov 2012 #2
Violet_Crumble Nov 2012 #3

Response to Purveyor (Original post)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 11:22 PM

1. *crickets*

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Violet_Crumble (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 12:50 AM

2. we in the US were so caught up in the election

lots of things flew by including this, alternately we;ve become used to seeing this kind of stuff so perhaps some numbing of the senses has occurred too

Reply to this post

Response to azurnoir (Reply #2)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 01:36 AM

3. I noticed the 'Pallywood' thread was getting lots of attention and outrage...

I guess attacks on Palestinians and their property are usually only worthy of commenting on if Palestinians themselves can be blamed for it

btw, good election result, hey? I did a little happy dance when Obama got back in

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread