HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Foreign Affairs & National Security » Foreign Affairs (Group) » Saudi Arabia's Princess S...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Jul 9, 2012, 12:13 PM

Saudi Arabia's Princess Sara claims asylum in the UK

She was Saudi Arabia’s “Barbie” princess; the pampered granddaughter of the Kingdom’s founder and daughter of one of his most powerful and favoured sons.

Princess Sara bint Talal bin Abdulaziz, however, is claiming political asylum in the UK over fears for her safety back home...

... Princess Sara, 38, accuses senior Saudi officials of plotting to kidnap her and smuggle her back to Riyadh, having subjected her to a “well orchestrated and malicious campaign of persecution”...

...“I am very scared right now,” she told The Sunday Telegraph at a secret location. “They know I can’t go back now. There is a threat. That’s a slap in the face of the Kingdom.

“I’ve been physically abused. I’ve been mentally abused. My assets have been frozen. They’ve accused me of being in opposition (to them) with Iran, they haven’t left anything. I’ve been crucified in every way.” ...

/... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/9383601/Saudi-Arabias-Princess-Sara-claims-asylum-in-the-UK.html

2 replies, 831 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Saudi Arabia's Princess Sara claims asylum in the UK (Original post)
Ghost Dog Jul 2012 OP
leftyohiolib Jul 2012 #1
Ghost Dog Jul 2012 #2

Response to Ghost Dog (Original post)

Mon Jul 9, 2012, 12:20 PM

1. wow sounds awful , good luck with all that

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to leftyohiolib (Reply #1)

Tue Jul 10, 2012, 10:18 AM

2. She certainly needs to watch her back, I'd say.

Hopefully, the Brits will do her right. Although, traditionally, France would be the refuge of choice... I guess no longer.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread