HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Environment & Energy » Vegetarian, Vegan and Animal Rights (Group) » New Product Review: Natur...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu May 17, 2012, 06:22 PM

New Product Review: Nature's Hilights Brown Rice Pizza Crust

I craved pizza tonight. Instead of a homemade crust I wanted to find something we could throw together quickly. This was at our local Outpost, a natural food store in Milwaukee.

The picture looked great so we figured we'd give it a try. While it baked I looked up other reviews. Seems some didn't like it. Paul and I thought it was decent. Not great by any means, but not too bad. The crust was crisp, but rather bland. The addition of sauce from Enrico's helped somewhat. As did sprinkling it with 7 pepper blend and pizza seasonings.

If you're jonesing for a pizza and you're short on time give it a try. If you have the time for homemade, though, I'd suggest that route.

This pizza crust is gluten free and made in a gluten free dedicated factory. There are 2 crusts, each weighing 5 ounces, per box. The box cost us $7.59 (keep in mind that Outpost prices do tend to run a bit higher). Looking online I see boxes of 6 that run about $6.30'ish a piece.

2 replies, 2362 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply New Product Review: Nature's Hilights Brown Rice Pizza Crust (Original post)
WillParkinson May 2012 OP
flvegan May 2012 #1
WillParkinson May 2012 #2

Response to WillParkinson (Original post)

Thu May 17, 2012, 10:38 PM

1. 5 oz? What is the size of the crust?

As in inches across? 5 oz sounds a bit on the little side. Also, how did you prep it? Did you oil it before/after adding toppings?

I'm a pizza freak, so anything pizza-related is highly important to me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to flvegan (Reply #1)

Fri May 18, 2012, 02:24 AM

2. We just put on our toppings and baked it...

The crust was already pretty well thawed by the time we got home. To be 100% above board, though, we did not follow the directions on the box. It's kind of weird because it says to pre-heat to 500, but the box says fully cooked crust. The crust is personal size, perhaps 5 - 6".

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread