HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Environment & Energy » Environment & Energy (Group) » Activists Storm TransCana...

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 01:17 PM

Activists Storm TransCanada Offices

http://my.firedoglake.com/kitoconnell/2013/01/07/live-tar-sands-blockade-storms-transcanada-offices/

What: Tar Sands Blockade protesters take over TransCanada Keystone XL offices in Houston. 2 Blockaders currently locked to front doors of the office, demanding accountability for abuses by TransCanada

Where: 2700 Post Oak Blvd, Suite 400, Houston TX 77056 (next to the Houston Galleria)

When: Underway now!

Who: 100+ protesters gathered to confront pipeline company over land abuses, toxic legacy and climate change connected to TransCanada’s Keystone XL pipeline.

The Tar Sands Blockade is a group of environmentalists and landowners working to stop the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline through direct action.

Why: This action kicks off a new phase of the Tar Sands Blockade targeting the corporate and financial infrastructure behind the Keystone XL pipeline. TransCanada’s pipeline uses seized land to transport toxic tar sands oil through Texas and Oklahoma communities, in order to export it from Houston ports. These dangerous business practices and the backlash from communities across the country make this pipeline a toxic investment for our state and TransCanada’s corporate lenders.

The Livestream feed at the site is now in post-event mode.

3 replies, 1090 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Activists Storm TransCanada Offices (Original post)
TheAmbivalante Jan 2013 OP
limpyhobbler Jan 2013 #1
mcgarry50 Jan 2013 #2
ReRe Jan 2013 #3

Response to TheAmbivalante (Original post)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 02:20 PM

1. brilliant,

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 02:20 PM

2. lame stream media

i wonder how long this will take to get in the seattle times if at all

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 03:15 PM

3. I guess the corporate riot police have decided to give them....

K&R

...the Kidd glove treatment, so as to not attract too much attention? I'm glad HPD is not there with those Darth Vader suits on. These security men do have those Keystone Cop night sticks though, which I'm sure is steel pipe wrapped in duct tape. Like they need them at a protest like this. Ha! (as Tweety says it.) Corporate cowards, every one of them. I salute those kids!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread