HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Environment & Energy » Environment & Energy (Group) » Fukushima Prefecture dele...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 04:28 PM

Fukushima Prefecture deleted the dispersion simulation data it received from the day of the accident

I do not read Japaneses, so not sure what to think of this translation of Tokyo Shinbun (3/21/2012):

The Fukushima prefectural government had the dispersion simulation data of radioactive materials from the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant accident from the evening of March 11, 2011 in emails, but lost the data up to the morning of March 15, 2011, our reporter has uncovered by speaking with the people involved. There were explosions at Reactors 1, 3 and 4 during those 5 days, but the prefectural government hasn't shown the simulation data to the municipalities around the plant. The person in charge at the prefectural government says, "The data took up too much space so I deleted it."

more...
http://ex-skf.blogspot.com/2012/03/tokyo-shinbun-fukushima-prefecture.html

another article about the story in English
http://www.simplyinfo.org/?p=5503

2 replies, 601 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Fukushima Prefecture deleted the dispersion simulation data it received from the day of the accident (Original post)
bluecoat_fan Mar 2012 OP
bananas Mar 2012 #1
FBaggins Mar 2012 #2

Response to bluecoat_fan (Original post)

Fri Mar 23, 2012, 05:46 PM

1. You just can't trust the nuclear industry. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to bananas (Reply #1)

Fri Mar 23, 2012, 05:53 PM

2. The prefecture government is the nuclear industry?

Interesting.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread