HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Economy & Education » Education (Group) » Hey. My Local Rag Blasts ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Dec 20, 2012, 09:25 AM

Hey. My Local Rag Blasts the Hell Out of Bloombamacation.

It's actually a multiple national award winner in the ( LEGITIMATE) industry for being best small local.

>>>All over the city, teachers are contemplating new careers because they feel disrespected. One educator — who happened to be named one of the “best” teachers in the city — characterized the slew of new responsibilities she has been burdened with as secretarial work. She lamented that preparing to fulfill so many heightened requirements for the Department of Education robbed time from her preparations for her students.

As we saw last week, teachers’ priorities are children. And they should be.

It’s unfortunate that it takes a crisis of this magnitude for the country to see what is a no-brainer for most who work inside schools: that those who have chosen the betterment of children as their careers would give their lives to protect them.>>>

And there's more:

http://riverdalepress.com/stories/Teachers-arent-the-demons,51566?content_source=&category_id=28&search_filter=&event_mode=&event_ts_from=&list_type=&order_by=&order_sort=&content_class=&sub_type=&town_id=

Thought you might like to know that we are not COMPLETELY alone and ... despite the dogged efforts of the billionaire media and their political muppets (you KNOW who you are)... there's still a lot of support for us in the real world.

Maybe even more than before as this issue is played out. ( "The issue" being the national "reform" scam; not the Newtown mass murder.)

2 replies, 688 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Hey. My Local Rag Blasts the Hell Out of Bloombamacation. (Original post)
Smarmie Doofus Dec 2012 OP
daleanime Dec 2012 #1
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #2

Response to Smarmie Doofus (Original post)

Thu Dec 20, 2012, 02:45 PM

1. Scam is right,

honest reform would mean more resources not less.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Smarmie Doofus (Original post)

Fri Dec 21, 2012, 10:36 PM

2. a good sign, when local papers start analysing the direction the national leaders are pushing

localities.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread