HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Economy & Education » Education (Group) » Brown’s Millionaire’s Tax...

Wed Jun 6, 2012, 11:21 PM

Brown’s Millionaire’s Tax, A Gift to Private Charter Schools

89% of Gov. Jerry Brown’s “Millionaire’s” tax is slated to go to K-12 education, should the bill be approved by California voters in November. However, according to journalist Danny Weil, the legislation allows this money to go to private charter schools or to the private contractors hired by nonprofit charters. (You can see Weil discussing this on YouTube by clicking &feature=youtu.be.)

Modern School
http://modeducation.blogspot.com/2012/06/browns-millionaires-tax-gift-to-private.html

3 replies, 1042 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Brown’s Millionaire’s Tax, A Gift to Private Charter Schools (Original post)
Modern School Jun 2012 OP
NYC_SKP Jun 2012 #1
Modern School Jun 2012 #2
NYC_SKP Jun 2012 #3

Response to Modern School (Original post)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 05:13 AM

1. Bullshit.

How about posting a transcript so I can actually read the actual words of the bullshit instead of having to see and hear this bullshitters schpiel?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to NYC_SKP (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 07:46 PM

2. Sorry, no transcipt available

Sorry, I didn't see a transcript anywhere, but I did summarize what I thought was the most salient point. (He is kind of annoying, isn't he?)

Reply to this post

Response to Modern School (Reply #2)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 08:16 PM

3. thank you for the reply.

We are both in the same state, you and I, and I would with various parts of the CDE, but not FOR them....

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread