HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Economy & Education » Labor Movement (Group) » New Tumblr Page, ‘I Voted...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 08:50 PM

New Tumblr Page, ‘I Voted Republican’ Uses Images To Challenge Rhetoric

http://nhlabornews.com/2012/12/new-tumblr-page-i-voted-republican-uses-images-to-challenge-rhetoric/

By New Hampshire Labor News | December 17, 2012

There is a new Tumblr page called ‘I voted Republican’, which is dedicated to challenging Republican rhetoric.

Here’s the description:

“I Voted Republican” …WHY???

Remember back in 2009, when Tea Party Republicans were carrying signs like “Keep Your Government Hands Off My Medicare!” ?

Since that time, we’ve noticed a growing gap between actual reality and “Republican Reality”. A developing disconnect between the real world and those doctrines dearly held by GOP “True Believers”.

* We find it amazing that so many Americans still think the Republican Party is better for the economy.

* People still think the Republican Party is better on individual rights.

* People believe the Republican Party is more values-based, more “Christian”.

For those unfamiliar with Tubmlr, it is a micro-blogging site where people post, mostly images. Like every other social media, people are what make the blog posts spread.

The best part about Tumblr is that everyone gets to join in the conversation. The I Voted Republican page allows everyone to submit their own image memes for consideration on the page. You do not even have to be a member of Tumblr to enjoy the fun.

MORE AT LINK.

1 replies, 605 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply New Tumblr Page, ‘I Voted Republican’ Uses Images To Challenge Rhetoric (Original post)
Omaha Steve Dec 2012 OP
BlueStreak Dec 2012 #1

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 09:33 PM

1. Awesome. Truth is starting to rise to the top.

Karl Rove and his army of billionaire idiots spent a billion bucks on teevee advertising that nobody paid any attention to. Email and the social media is where things are really happening

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread