Wed Nov 28, 2012, 09:47 PM
Omaha Steve (51,102 posts)
Let's beat Michigan "right to work"
We’ve all seen the headlines. Right to work is coming down the pike in Lansing.
A lot of great work being done to sound the alarm over the almost-certain right-to-work push in Michigan. But it’s coming, and more alarm-sounding is needed.
Here’s a few things to do to get started.
1. Please give a rec to our diary on DailyKos – “Michigan Republicans Trying to Sneak Through Right to Work Bill.”
2. We’ve also started a SignOn (yay for SignOn!) petition urging Gov. Snyder and the MI Legislature to vote against “right to work.”
3. Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville is the key player in this fight. He’s opposed right to work in the past, but his political ambitions may take him in another direction now. If you’re a Michigander, send Sen. Richardville a message.
4. We have a shareable graphic on Facebook, and more on the way. If you have RTW-related visual content to share/post/pin etc., please let everyone know!
5. On Twitter, we’ve been using #righttowork and/or #mileg, and trying to get the attentions of Gov. Snyder (@onetoughnerd) and Leader Richardville (@SenRichardville).
If you have other efforts folks can get in on, please share here.
3 replies, 811 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 12:56 AM
Union Scribe (7,098 posts)
1. AFL-CIO is holding an event Thursday 11/29
I just got an email this afternoon:
You'll receive training, key updates, talking points, and everything you will need for the day. We are meeting at the Michigan AFL-CIO at 419 S. Washington in Lansing, starting at 7:30 am.
Even if people can't attend the training sessions it would be great for anyone who will be in the area to show up at the Capitol. I'm going to try to head up when the dentist is through with me.