HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Economy & Education » Economy (Group) » Does anyone else here hav...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Feb 1, 2013, 06:07 PM

Does anyone else here have Direct Express account with the Social Security Department?

Are you having trouble getting into your account? I have never seen a harder account to maintain than one of these. Today I can get to their site page but once again they will not let me continue to the check in site. I am getting really sick of this.

7 replies, 1645 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to jwirr (Original post)

Fri Feb 1, 2013, 06:58 PM

1. My check goes straight into my checking accout every

third Wednesday of the month.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to upaloopa (Reply #1)

Fri Feb 1, 2013, 07:18 PM

2. I know but my account is not in a local bank - it is with what was discribed as a Social

Security Account in a Fed bank. I do not have checks and I cannot deposit any other type of cash. The only things that go into it are the SSA and SSI moneys I get every month.

Reply to this post

Response to jwirr (Reply #2)

Fri Feb 1, 2013, 07:36 PM

3. Why not just have direct deposit in your bank account? I have had direct deposit

with my employer and now with SS and my pension for probably 15 years, never had a problem.

Reply to this post

Response to doc03 (Reply #3)

Fri Feb 1, 2013, 07:47 PM

4. Confession time. That is the one way I can protect my SSA and SSI from creditors. Many

regular local banks now allow creditors to take those deposits even though it is illegal.

Reply to this post

Response to jwirr (Reply #4)

Fri Feb 1, 2013, 07:50 PM

5. Oh n/t

Reply to this post

Response to jwirr (Original post)

Fri Feb 1, 2013, 11:23 PM

6. I have Direct Express, and there was only one day we had a major issue in several years.

My wife was at Target, trying to purchase some groceries late in the evening Pacific Time. Turns out that in their time zone it was past midnight and they were doing some major maintenance. We were freaked that our account wasn't accessible until we called them and had that explained to us.

Other than that, it works fine except that some vendors don't work with it because of some security b.s. This includes some restaurants as well as the Sony PlayStation Network.

Reply to this post

Response to Systematic Chaos (Reply #6)

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 10:23 AM

7. I got in fine this morning. I suspect that the problem was the money for the 3rd was

being transferred into the banks accounts and it was blocking other users.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread