HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Government & Elections » Congress (Group) » I'm ashamed that Marsha B...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 12:04 AM

I'm ashamed that Marsha Blackburn represents my state

Marsha Blackburn was one of 67 representatives to vote against the Hurricane Sandy relief money. You may think oh she's a republican she was just going along with her party. Actually it goes much deeper than that. Not even three years ago floods, tornadoes, and severe storms ravaged our home state with 30 counties being federal disaster areas. There was over one billion dollars in damage without including damage to roads, bridges, and public buildings and Marsha Blackburn had absolutely no problem asking for federal aid then. Although the damage here was far less than the damage Hurricane Sandy caused, it still upsets me that a women who knows what it's like to be in a desperate situation like this would vote against helping people who have suffered such horrible damage. She should be ashamed of herself, especially knowing full and well how people will suffer without relief money, it's a sickness and her along with the other 66 people who voted against the relief need MAJOR help. These GOP'ers need to get help rather than soul search because you can't search for what you don't have.

14 replies, 2132 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 14 replies Author Time Post
Reply I'm ashamed that Marsha Blackburn represents my state (Original post)
obama2terms Jan 2013 OP
putitinD Jan 2013 #1
Loudly Jan 2013 #2
obama2terms Jan 2013 #9
pscot Jan 2013 #3
Iwillnevergiveup Jan 2013 #4
obama2terms Jan 2013 #7
SCliberal091294 Jan 2013 #5
southerncrone Jan 2013 #6
obama2terms Jan 2013 #10
southerncrone Jan 2013 #11
ChrisVance Jan 2013 #8
repubnomore Jan 2013 #12
obama2terms Jan 2013 #13
chase48 Feb 2013 #14

Response to obama2terms (Original post)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 12:08 AM

1. whenever she comes on the TV machine, I have to change the channel, can't stand to watch her.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 12:24 AM

2. And she has re-introduced legislation to de-fund Planned Parenthood.

Reply to this post

Response to Loudly (Reply #2)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 04:27 PM

9. Not again....

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 12:29 AM

3. She's as crazy as Mad Michelle

and a lot meaner.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 12:36 AM

4. Both of those "ladies"

have long ago worn out their welcomes. They need to go in '14. Shoulda gone in '12.

Reply to this post

Response to Iwillnevergiveup (Reply #4)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 01:43 AM

7. I hope she does, people need to vote so we can be rid of people like her

She is in a very conservative district though so we will have to wait and see.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 12:53 AM

5. Im ashamed to have Trey Gowdy, Joe Wilson...etc

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 01:22 AM

6. She's a constant embarrassment. I, too, hate that she represents our state.

But I also hate that Scott DeJarlais & Steven Fincher & Phil Roe represent us, as well. I often think of moving.

Edit: And I'll add Diane Black to the Black List, too.

Reply to this post

Response to southerncrone (Reply #6)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 04:29 PM

10. Me too

My mom ( who's very liberal) never gets why I want to leave the state, it's like look at the clowns representing us!

Reply to this post

Response to obama2terms (Reply #10)

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 12:24 AM

11. Sometimes it's scary just to think about how many crazies we

are around when we go out.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 01:01 PM

8. Spam deleted by cyberswede (MIR Team)

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 10:21 AM

12. Blackburn turns my stomach

For years I have had a google alert set on Marsha Blackburn. But, to be perfectly honest, I have deleted them now for the past year without ever reading them. The reason? Every time I read about something she has said or done, it literally makes me sick. I truly wish someone, and it probably needs to be a reasonable Republican, would challenge her. Her district is gerrymandered 75% Republican so she will always win no matter how sorry she is. I cannot think of anyone in Congress I detest more or who has done less for her constituents. It's a shame that District 7 doesn't have any representation and most of the people don't even know that they don't have it.

Reply to this post

Response to repubnomore (Reply #12)

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 08:10 PM

13. Yep it's sad

I don't live in the 7th district but she still does disgust me as well. There doesn't seem to be any normal moderate republicans left in TN., they are all pretty much like Blackburn or worse it's really sad, but I can say this much there's no way in hell I'm raising my kids in the south! Believe it or not, there are some very liberal areas in TN. (District 9) but people like Blackburn give me no hope for this state let alone anywhere in the south. Not only that, but she and others reps. in this state like her make our whole state look like heartless, anti-choice, anti-gay, Islamaphobic, racist, hateful people.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 25, 2013, 10:37 AM

14. you think you have it bad?

I live in the most red of all the states, Okla, our congressmen are all republican, not one democrat, not one county has ever voted for Obama, the okla house and senate have few democrats, and the repuks all think like Blackburn, hate Obama every day, the racists, say no to anything he proposes and just keep on with the only program they have and that is the war against women and not to help to produce one job, well that didn't work, Obama won, how many heart attacks over there because we still have a black president, the gnashing and snarling of teeth has been good for all the dentis down here, and ol' Mitch will find his self walking and mumbling down the road with paycheck in hand when Ashly Judd replaces him in 2014

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread