HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Offbeat » Weird News (Group) » Radio's Art Bell returnin...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jul 30, 2013, 03:06 PM

Radio's Art Bell returning with Sirius XM show

NEW YORK (AP) Art Bell, radio's master of the paranormal and outward edges of science, will return to the microphone on Sept. 16 with a new nighttime show on Sirius XM Radio.

Bell was one of radio's top syndicated voices in the 1990s before walking away from his nightly show in 2002 due to family issues. He worked occasionally after that but hasn't been on the air since Halloween 2010.

"I missed it terribly," said Bell, 68, whose weeknight show will air live from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. ET. Sirius is building a studio at Bell's rural Nevada home where he will work.

A Sirius representative contacted Bell through social media a few months ago, leading to the formation of his show, "Art Bell's Dark Matter." He'll talk about things like UFOs, ghosts, near-death experiences and weird aspects of science. He'll do interviews and take calls from viewers.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/radios-art-bell-returning-sirius-xm-show

3 replies, 444 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Radio's Art Bell returning with Sirius XM show (Original post)
Bosonic Jul 2013 OP
flying rabbit Jul 2013 #1
1awake Jul 2013 #2
Javaman Jul 2013 #3

Response to Bosonic (Original post)

Tue Jul 30, 2013, 10:36 PM

1. KIcking for Art

While I am skeptical of a lot of his guests, having Art as your wingman in the midnight hour makes for an entertaining time.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to flying rabbit (Reply #1)

Wed Jul 31, 2013, 12:12 AM

2. Agree completely. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Bosonic (Original post)

Wed Jul 31, 2013, 09:42 AM

3. Good to hear...

I always found his show entertaining. After he left, Coast to Coast became virtually unlistenable.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread