HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Offbeat » Weird News (Group) » British Man Racks Up 91,...

Tue Apr 9, 2013, 01:25 AM

British Man Racks Up 91,500 (USD $147,000) Phone Sex Bill

Kevin Waldrum, 45, began calling daytime chat line Studio 66 TV after splitting up with his girlfriend of two-and-a-half years.

The former security guard has vowed to fight the bill of 91,184, which Vodafone have reduced to 29,083, claiming it has ruined his life and driven him to anxiety medication and sleeping tablets.

Mr Waldrum, of Gladstone Avenue, Loughborough, took out two phone contracts with Vodafone last year.

He opened up to several women on the chat line about his heartache, oblivious to the huge bill he was racking up.

He continued to call the chat line after an invoice for 19,333.63 came through his letterbox, but realised he had to take action when a second bill for 71,850.67 arrived.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9977712/Lonely-man-builds-up-91184-chat-line-phone-bill.html

1 replies, 1164 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply British Man Racks Up 91,500 (USD $147,000) Phone Sex Bill (Original post)
Initech Apr 2013 OP
MADem Apr 2013 #1

Response to Initech (Original post)

Tue Apr 9, 2013, 01:50 AM

1. Who is that STUPID? He could get therapy for free on the NHS. This is just not believable.

For such a clueless, naive idiot, he sure knew how to keep using the service:

A spokesperson for the mobile phone company said that Mr Waldrum was already barred on one mobile phone for high charges but ordered a replacement SIM to allow him to carry on calling the premium lines.

I have to wonder if he's not bullshitting a bit, and his nickname on the chat line was THOR...

If he spent that much, I imagine he'd be VERY THOR, indeed....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread