HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Offbeat » Weird News (Group) » Non-invisible bank robber...

Wed Feb 27, 2013, 12:54 PM

Non-invisible bank robber caught

"Never rob a bank thinking that you’re invisible when you’re not actually invisible.

Sadly for one man in Iran, he made just that mistake – and as a result, police in Tehran are hunting a fake sorcerer who convinced the man he was invisible and so could rob banks safely.

The man’s ill-fated heist attempt started to go wrong shortly after he entered the bank, as he started snatching money from the hands of customers. For some reason, rather than being terrified of the mysterious invisible poltergeist stealing their cash, the customers quickly overpowered the hapless thief.

‘I made a mistake. I understand now what a big trick was played on me,’ the man told the court, state-run newspaper Jam-e Jam reports. He explained that he had paid 5 million rials (just under £290) to a wizard imposter, who in return gave hims spells to tie to his arm. The sorcerer told him that they would make him invisible, and that he could then rob banks to his heart’s content."

Whole story at http://metro.co.uk/2006/11/06/non-invisible-bank-robber-caught-348252/

3 replies, 1061 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Non-invisible bank robber caught (Original post)
FSogol Feb 2013 OP
MADem Feb 2013 #1
FSogol Feb 2013 #2
MADem Feb 2013 #3

Response to FSogol (Original post)

Thu Feb 28, 2013, 04:59 AM

1. Not really weird NEWS...more like weird history--did you see the date on that article?

It's from 2006!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MADem (Reply #1)

Thu Feb 28, 2013, 06:20 AM

2. Did not SEE that.

Oh well, glad I didn't post it in "Late Breaking Weird News."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to FSogol (Reply #2)

Thu Feb 28, 2013, 04:59 PM

3. No worries...it aged well. nt