HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Offbeat » Weird News (Group) » Nine Philadelphia Traffic...

Thu Jan 31, 2013, 09:44 PM

Nine Philadelphia Traffic Court judges arrested.

A lawyer friend sent me this story;

Nine current or former Philadelphia Traffic Court judges were charged today with conspiracy and fraud after a three-year FBI probe into ticket-fixing in the beleaguered court.

A 77-count indictment, returned Tuesday but sealed until Thursday, said judges or their assistants routinely shredded documents, used code words and practiced "a well-understood conspiracy of silence" that turned the court into two systems: One where the average citizen paid for infractions, while connected offenders were found not guilty or saw their cases dismissed, costing the Commonwealth an untold amount.

One of the former judges - one William Singletary - has a, shall we say, interesting past;

Singletary resigned last year in an unrelated scandal, after a court staffer accused him of showing her a picture of his genitals on his cellphone.

I wonder if Judge Flashy McCameraPhone has in his possession a penis pump, like a certain other judge?

2 replies, 1138 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Nine Philadelphia Traffic Court judges arrested. (Original post)
47of74 Jan 2013 OP
Angry Dragon Jan 2013 #1
MADem Feb 2013 #2

Response to 47of74 (Original post)

Thu Jan 31, 2013, 10:04 PM

1. I read the second link and first read it as 'has penis cut off'

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to 47of74 (Original post)

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 12:14 AM

2. Wow, that's good news...with a bit of a weird twist or two...but good news! nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread