HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Offbeat » Weird News (Group) » Man Catches Fire After Us...

Tue Jun 19, 2012, 01:23 AM

Man Catches Fire After Using Spray Sunscreen

(RTTNews) - Massachusetts resident Brett Sigworth is recovering this week after suffering second degree burns when the sun block on his skin caught fire. Vapors from the product spontaneously ignited as the man approached his grill.

"I went into complete panic mode and screamed," Sigworth said. "I've never experienced pain like that in my life."

Sigworth was using Banana Boat brand sunscreen at the time and while the label does explain the product is flammable, it does not indicate that it can catch fire after applied.

"We are unaware of any prior incidents similar to what Brett has described, but because nothing is more important to us than the safety of our consumers, we are taking this matter very seriously," the company wrote in an official statement.

http://www.rttnews.com/1900518/man-catches-fire-after-using-spray-sunscreen.aspx?type=hnr&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=sitemap

3 replies, 1107 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Man Catches Fire After Using Spray Sunscreen (Original post)
MindMover Jun 2012 OP
Little Star Jun 2012 #1
MADem Jun 2012 #2
damaya Jun 2012 #3

Response to MindMover (Original post)

Tue Jun 19, 2012, 07:37 PM

1. Holy Shit!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to MindMover (Original post)

Tue Jun 19, 2012, 11:11 PM

2. You there--with the long sleeves, long pants and big hat--you're cooking the burgers!!! nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to MindMover (Original post)

Thu Jun 21, 2012, 10:25 PM

3. Another tip if you must use spray sunscreen...

Do it outside, away from the wind. It is not fun inadvertently inhaling this stuff, and it is very difficult not to inhale some in even the largest hotel rooms.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread