HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Democrats » Barack Obama (Group) » Well, if CBS had polled t...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 04:52 PM

Well, if CBS had polled this district

It probably would've been closer to 90%. Xenophobic as geese around here. I no longer attend public functions such as Veterans Day celebrations, etc, because they're used as a platform to blast the g-d liberals. At some point half the crowd turns around to stare at me.

If I may make one final mention of horses, please... No, that was not the ride of my life. Most people who knew us wouldn't race on track or cross country even if I offered them a head start because they knew what would happen. But a crop duster pilot friend flew over a fallow field I was allowed to ride on, and he dipped a wing in greeting. I waved back and pointed down to Sunny's head, then made a swooping hand motion. He dipped a wing again in agreement, then flew around behind us, circled back, and buzzed overhead about 10 feet up.

Sunny screamed in rage that anything could outpace her, and then she did something absolutely for the first time. (I know because I was the only person she'd tolerate on her back.) I thought I'd seen her run before, but not like this. She actually dropped at least an inch and kicked it up another notch. At that point I was on a runaway cannon. That was the ride of my life. I never used more than a broken snaffle and racing saddle on her, but you can see why I wore a Bell motorcycle helmet.

Anyway, maybe that helps explain why there's not a GOPer in the world who can make me back down. I've faced a lot worse, and besides, I've been dropped on my head too often to have good sense.

1 replies, views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread