I know nearly nothing about Web design beyond Microsoft FrontPage (no, I'm not kidding)!
However, I have a Dreamweaver CS3 website with a template I purchased a few years ago (but am not smart enough to edit the things I want to change).
I just got Dreamweaver CS6 and would like a new template that takes advantage of what it can do - "liquid" layouts, etc. (If I start to make a layout from scratch, it comes out looking like a horrible FrontPage one!)
My really dumb questions:
- Would any of the Dreamweaver layouts I see for sale online work with CS6 specifically? (I haven't found any just for that version, so is that important?)
- Are pre-designed templates not the best way to go if I want to be able to edit? There are parts of the code in my current template that I can't seem to delete at all.
- If I want a sort of blog area to be updated frequently, while updating the front page maybe every 1-3 months, do I need to buy a whole separate WordPress template in order for it to coordinate with the website?
- My host has been Hostway back since the FrontPage days. Are there better ones to consider now?
- Do any of you here do templates or web design? I'm on a very small budget, but always happy to support a fellow Librul.