HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Computers & Internet » Macintosh Users (Group) » In praise of Parallels' c...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Jan 25, 2013, 08:21 PM

In praise of Parallels' customer support

I still look back fondly on WordPerfect when they were independent and located in Orem, Utah. You could call them for phone support and they never asked if you were a legal user. They just answered you question with competence and good humor.

The closest to that today is Parallels. I have had two issues with one of Parallels and in both cases they not only supported me, but spent, literally, almost two hours on the phone doing a screen sharing.

I don't know if you need a way to run Windows on your Mac, but if you do, consider them.

2 replies, 459 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply In praise of Parallels' customer support (Original post)
Stinky The Clown Jan 2013 OP
NYC_SKP Jan 2013 #1
davidwparker Mar 2013 #2

Response to Stinky The Clown (Original post)

Fri Jan 25, 2013, 08:51 PM

1. That's how you stay in business over the long term.

Customer support.

Apple isn't completely free or consistent by any stretch, but they do customer support better than anyone else in the hardware game, by far.

I almost got angry with the genius bar when they didn't replace my out of warranty iPhone4, like they had with two previous iPhones!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Stinky The Clown (Original post)

Sun Mar 31, 2013, 03:27 AM

2. I use VMWare and love it. I have had Win7, Windows Server 2008 running on my Mac.

I just re-subscribed to Visual Studio with MSDN and will be running Server 2012. I am a developer and prefer only Apple hardware. VMWare allows me to use my Mac to do run Windows software for development purposes only.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread